A selection of articles related to philosopher.
Original articles from our library related to the Philosopher. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Philosopher.
- About Alchemy
- "The science of alchemy I like very well, and indeed, 'tis the philosophy of the ancients. I like it not only for the profits it brings in melting metals, in decocting, preparing, extracting and distilling herbs, roots; I like it also for the sake of the...
Mystic Sciences >> Alchemy
- S. Hahnemann's discoveries
- Homeopathy was founded by Samuel Hahnemann (1755 - 1843), a German physician. Hahnemann was an educated man; except for medicines he had also studied Greek, Latin, five other languages and philosophy. He was familiar with the ancient Greek healing-arts, and...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- Pagan Roots of the Bible
- "The Bible is the innerrent word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. Jerry Falwell I have heard this assertion...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Conium maculatum (Poison Hemlock)
- In ancient Greece Poison Hemlock was a regularly used punishment for criminals. In 399 BC the great philosopher Socrates was killed this way; his crime consisted of teaching people to think for themselves - a great evil in old dictatorial Greece. Thanks to...
Remedies >> Remedies C
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- There are fragments of the 'Atlantis' legend in almost every culture around the world. This suggests, but does not prove, that the legend is based on a very ancient truth that was known by the forebears of each of these cultures. Our main source of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Philosopher is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Philosopher books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Albert Einstein as a Philosopher of Science
- ology of Physics” under Herbert Feigl, a noted philosopher of science.
- Leo Strauss and History: The Philosopher as Conspirator
- He contends that the philosopher needs to conceal his true motives from the powers- sels of the powerful, the philosophers must use deceit.
- Francis Bacon Philosopher, Statesman, Poet
- Francis Bacon. Philosopher, Statesman, Poet. An Index to Baconiana and its predecessors,.
- Philosopher's Index Database Guide
- What Is Philosopher's Index and Why Should I Use It?.................................................. .......1 Using the CSA Illumina Platform to Search Philosopher's Index ……...
Suggested News Resources
- Neither king nor philosopher
- It is hard to be both philosopher and king, harder still to pull it off for over two decades. Manmohan Singh realized this last week when a few IIT graduates refused to take their degrees from him to mark their support for Anna.
- Science Diction: The Origin Of 'Chemistry'
- Science historian Howard Markel discusses the word's origin, and the modern naming of the field of chemistry by British natural philosopher and alchemist Robert Boyle in his 1661 treatise, The Skeptical Chymist.
- Life Lessons | John Gage, singer and Kentucky Homefront host
- Singer/songwriter/philosopher John Gage, who knows just about every folk song from California to the New York islands, believes that each sunrise is an opportunity to embrace life and do something special.
- Eric Ernst: Venice has chance to back off bad call
- By Eric Ernst If Spanish philosopher George Santayana were alive today and living in Venice, he had have a good line ready for a proposed development called Toscana Isles: "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
- 'American Dreamers' looks back at the left's victories and missteps
- By John Kappes The owl of Minerva flies at dusk, as the German Idealist philosopher GWF Hegel was wont to say. In other words, we can truly make sense of what is happening only after the fact, when the bird has flown.
Suggested Web Resources
- Philosopher | Define Philosopher at Dictionary.com
- /fɪˈlɒs ə fər/ Show Spelled[fi-los-uh-fer] Show IPA. noun. 1.
- TPM Online: The Philosophers' Magazine
- Philosophy articles, bookstore, events, and discussion board.
- Google Web Fonts Philosopher
- Philosopher was started in 2008 and takes inspiration from Agfa Rotis and ITC Binary. This font is universal: It can be used in logos, headlines, and for text.
- Philosophers: Alphabetical Index
- An index of leading philosophers. Information for each includes a selection of links to scholarly articles.
Related searchesoxidizing agent
mata amritanandamayi bhajans
michael bay personal life
ramallah early history
clouded leopard range and habitat