A selection of articles related to philosopher.
Original articles from our library related to the Philosopher. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Philosopher.
- About Alchemy
- "The science of alchemy I like very well, and indeed, 'tis the philosophy of the ancients. I like it not only for the profits it brings in melting metals, in decocting, preparing, extracting and distilling herbs, roots; I like it also for the sake of the...
Mystic Sciences >> Alchemy
- People of the Book: Fighting the Holy War
- At the heart of most of the world's great religions, there is a sacred text. This is usually a compilation of the words of the enlightened founder of the path or the interpretations of the life and teachings of this founder. Within this text is contained the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Milky yellow, peach, green, white or clear crystals. Soft. Red/Pink: Receptive. Element: Water. Powers: Doubles the power (all calcites doubles the power) of any energy directed to it. Also directs energy to specific points. Fosters spirituality, creates...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
- Arcane Ruminations
- Special Plates Notice how each particle moves. Notice how everyone has just arrived here from a journey. Notice how each wants a different food. Notice how the stars vanish as the sun comes up, and how all streams stream toward the ocean. Look at the chefs...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Aspects of Religion: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- Among early Pagans, religion was a fact taken for granted, "requiring no explanation." There was no need to define religion because religion was a part of each persons being. "We have not yet encountered in Egyptian and Babylonian literature a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
Philosopher is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Philosopher books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Albert Einstein as a Philosopher of Science
- ology of Physics” under Herbert Feigl, a noted philosopher of science.
- Leo Strauss and History: The Philosopher as Conspirator
- He contends that the philosopher needs to conceal his true motives from the powers- sels of the powerful, the philosophers must use deceit.
- Francis Bacon Philosopher, Statesman, Poet
- Francis Bacon. Philosopher, Statesman, Poet. An Index to Baconiana and its predecessors,.
- Philosopher's Index Database Guide
- What Is Philosopher's Index and Why Should I Use It?.................................................. .......1 Using the CSA Illumina Platform to Search Philosopher's Index ……...
Suggested News Resources
- Neither king nor philosopher
- It is hard to be both philosopher and king, harder still to pull it off for over two decades. Manmohan Singh realized this last week when a few IIT graduates refused to take their degrees from him to mark their support for Anna.
- Science Diction: The Origin Of 'Chemistry'
- Science historian Howard Markel discusses the word's origin, and the modern naming of the field of chemistry by British natural philosopher and alchemist Robert Boyle in his 1661 treatise, The Skeptical Chymist.
- Life Lessons | John Gage, singer and Kentucky Homefront host
- Singer/songwriter/philosopher John Gage, who knows just about every folk song from California to the New York islands, believes that each sunrise is an opportunity to embrace life and do something special.
- Eric Ernst: Venice has chance to back off bad call
- By Eric Ernst If Spanish philosopher George Santayana were alive today and living in Venice, he had have a good line ready for a proposed development called Toscana Isles: "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
- 'American Dreamers' looks back at the left's victories and missteps
- By John Kappes The owl of Minerva flies at dusk, as the German Idealist philosopher GWF Hegel was wont to say. In other words, we can truly make sense of what is happening only after the fact, when the bird has flown.
Suggested Web Resources
- Philosopher | Define Philosopher at Dictionary.com
- /fɪˈlɒs ə fər/ Show Spelled[fi-los-uh-fer] Show IPA. noun. 1.
- TPM Online: The Philosophers' Magazine
- Philosophy articles, bookstore, events, and discussion board.
- Google Web Fonts Philosopher
- Philosopher was started in 2008 and takes inspiration from Agfa Rotis and ITC Binary. This font is universal: It can be used in logos, headlines, and for text.
- Philosophers: Alphabetical Index
- An index of leading philosophers. Information for each includes a selection of links to scholarly articles.