Philosophers Of The Enlightenment
A selection of articles related to philosophers of the enlightenment.
Original articles from our library related to the Philosophers Of The Enlightenment. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Philosophers Of The Enlightenment.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Philosophers Of The Enlightenment is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Philosophers Of The Enlightenment books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Trump's not Hitler, he's Mussolini: How GOP anti-intellectualism created a
- Starting out as a schoolteacher, the Italian Fascist read voraciously and was heavily influenced by the German and French philosophers Friedrich Nietzsche and Jean-Marie Guyau, respectively. I doubt Trump would know who either of these two people were.
- 'The Age of Genius', by AC Grayling
- Both defend the idea that the Enlightenment was a grand project, playing down objections that it had many unconnected and contrasting strands, that theology survived unshaken, and that it is misleading to see here “the birth of modernity”.
- Alaska to Indiana for oratorical contest
- The persuasive aspect of her speech emphasizes a need to continue drawing on past knowledge, like the founders did. She says the founders drew inspiration from the Magna Carta, English Bill of Rights, enlightenment philosophers and confederate failures.
- Kegels For Hegel: Nerdy Songs About Having Sex With Philosophers
- For example, in the video above dedicated to Enlightenment philosopher Georg Wilhelm Hegel , the women talk about the duality of love — particularly the slave/master dynamic — with a nod to Hegel's concept of synthesis (that is combining two opposing ...
- FINNERTY: Rhetoric remains influential for value of democracy
- However, as much as the enlightenment has given by virtue of a neoclassical style, what did the ancients think of this newfound way of government? During the 5th ... Jonathan Finnerty is a School of Arts Sciences junior majoring in classics and philosophy.