A selection of articles related to philosophers.
Original articles from our library related to the Philosophers. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Philosophers.
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- About Alchemy
- "The science of alchemy I like very well, and indeed, 'tis the philosophy of the ancients. I like it not only for the profits it brings in melting metals, in decocting, preparing, extracting and distilling herbs, roots; I like it also for the sake of the...
Mystic Sciences >> Alchemy
- An Overview: What is Atheism?
- Atheism is non-belief in the existence of god or deities. It originated from the Greek word “atheos” which means ‘without god’.
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 17
- Chapter 17 17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3...
New Testament >> The Acts
Philosophers is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Philosophers books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Philosophers and Public Philosophy Noam Chomsky
- topic of philosophers and public policy.
- Incoherence of the Philosophers - al-Ghazali's Website
- Introduction I. Problems. I Refutation of the philosophers' belief in the .
- Murray N. Rothbard vs. the Philosophers: Unpublished Writings on
- THE PHILOSOPHERS: UNPUBLISHED WRITINGS viii. ON HAYEK, MISES, STRAUSS, AND POLYANI into Italian, in 2005.
- Introducing Levinas to Undergraduate Philosophers
- Lecture by Anthony F. Beavers presenting Levinas perspectives on ethics.
Suggested News Resources
- Neither king nor philosopher
- It is hard to be both philosopher and king, harder still to pull it off for over two decades. Manmohan Singh realized this last week when a few IIT graduates refused to take their degrees from him to mark their support for Anna.
- Freddie Stroma talks end of Harry Potter films, costars, The Philosophers
- Freddie also mentioned working with Bonnie Wright in the Indonesia-based film, The Philosophers, this past summer, and his friendship with his former Harry Potter costars. Walk us through your last day of shooting for Harry Potter.
- Review by Katrien Schaebroeck
- The glue is a particular understanding of 'interpretation', and the belief that that is what lawyers, artists, critics, historians, philosophers, moral agents (all of us) do: they interpret, as opposed to scientists who investigate.
- Religion has no place in science
- We rely on the methods of science, not the arguments of philosophers when we are on the job. Intelligent design, at its core, relies on the presence of a creative metaphysical principle, to which in private most would append the name “God.
Suggested Web Resources
- Philosophers: Alphabetical Index
- An index of leading philosophers. Information for each includes a selection of links to scholarly articles.
- Philosopher Quotes - BrainyQuote
- Philosopher Quotes from BrainyQuote, an extensive collection of quotations by famous authors, celebrities, and newsmakers.
- EpistemeLinks Philosophers: Main page
- EpistemeLinks Main Philosophers section, provides thousands of categorized links to resources for over 450 different philosophers.