Philosophy Of The Ancients
A selection of articles related to philosophy of the ancients.
Original articles from our library related to the Philosophy Of The Ancients. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Philosophy Of The Ancients.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Philosophy Of The Ancients is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Philosophy Of The Ancients books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Historian puts new spin on scientific revolution
- Scholars operated within a worldview that all knowledge had been articulated by the ancients, such as Ptolemy, the astronomer who compiled the mathematical details of the Earth-centered universe. As it happened, Ptolemy was also the greatest of ancient ...
- Mahashivaratri special: Feasting, fasting and meaning
- The tension between the satisfaction of hunger (bhoga) and outgrowing hunger (yoga) forms the cornerstone of Hindu philosophy. On the ... The ancients realised that hunger is what distinguishes the animate (jiva) from the inanimate (ajiva).
- Catholic vs. Secular Classical Education: What's the Difference?
- This definition corresponds to what the Catholic philosophical tradition might call “natural” theology or even anthropology. It is a definition of education ....
- Trump's wall and the challenge of vulnerability
- It will be far more grand than Hadrian's Wall but not nearly as grand as the Great Wall of China which took centuries for the ancients to build. Hardian's Wall, still existing in ... It's the root philosophy/ theology of the inveterate capitalist.
- Eric Weiner Maps 'The Geography of Genius'
- Ancient Greece. As the taxi slows to a crawl (rush-hour traffic not being something the ancients had to contend with), I ponder those two words. They make me shrink, embarrassed by how much I don't know, bored with the little I do.
Philosophy Of The Ancients Topics
Related searchesroyal ulster rifles
albertus magnus quotes
holism in science other examples
lucian pulvermacher gordon bateman
adam and eve eves creation