- Steinbach's 'Surface Tension' at Hulse/Warman
- Her first show at Hulse/Warman, titled “Phrenology” (March 2015), with T.J. Mabry, combined representational photography with printmaking.
- Lessons in Neuroscience From the 1834 Trial of a 9-Year-Old
- The case provides a unique window through which to view the relationship between 19th-century phrenology—the pseudoscientific study of the skull as an index of mental faculties—and 21st-century neuroscience. As you might expect, there is a world of ...
- Aaron Barker on Picky Customers and Soft Serve, 'the Lowest Form of Ice Cream'
- A banner designed by artist Bruce Lee Webb hangs inside his shop; it's a human head with a phrenology chart full of ice cream flavors. Carnival Barker's sells shirts that read, "Give Me Ice Cream Or Give Me Death.
- Creepy Relics of Phrenology, the Pseudoscience of Reading Head Bumps
- These creepy miniature heads — 60 in all — are a fascinating relic of a short-lived fad in the 18th century called phrenology. They're currently housed at the Science Museum in London.
Phrenology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Phrenology books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.