- Global warming reducing phytoplankton in western Indian Ocean
- The marine phytoplankton, micro-algae consumed by small fish and responsible for reducing carbon dioxide in sea water, are rapidly decreasing in the western Indian Ocean due to global warming, finds a study. This may reduce the oceanic region to an ...
- Microorganisms battle it out within algal blooms
- Scientists concerned with global warming have a vested interest in looking closely at phytoplankton.
- Climate stirring change beneath the waves
- Human-induced climate change is triggering changes beneath the waves that could have a long-term effect on marine food webs, a study suggests. An assessment of phytoplankton in the North Atlantic found the microscopic organisms' pole-ward shift was ...
- Major source of methanol in the ocean identified
- Researchers at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) have solved this mystery through the discovery of a massive - and previously unaccounted for - source of methanol in the ocean: phytoplankton. The study found that these microscopic, ...
Phytoplankton is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Phytoplankton books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesm2 machine gun m2e50 or m2 e-50
cheers spinoffs and crossovers