- Global warming reducing phytoplankton in western Indian Ocean
- The marine phytoplankton, micro-algae consumed by small fish and responsible for reducing carbon dioxide in sea water, are rapidly decreasing in the western Indian Ocean due to global warming, finds a study. This may reduce the oceanic region to an ...
- Microorganisms battle it out within algal blooms
- Scientists concerned with global warming have a vested interest in looking closely at phytoplankton.
- Climate stirring change beneath the waves
- Human-induced climate change is triggering changes beneath the waves that could have a long-term effect on marine food webs, a study suggests. An assessment of phytoplankton in the North Atlantic found the microscopic organisms' pole-ward shift was ...
- Major source of methanol in the ocean identified
- Researchers at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) have solved this mystery through the discovery of a massive - and previously unaccounted for - source of methanol in the ocean: phytoplankton. The study found that these microscopic, ...
Phytoplankton is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Phytoplankton books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchesmani ratnam family
gomes da costa
monkey television series characters