- Thanksgiving Hack: Divide The Last Piece Of Pumpkin Pie Fairly - With Math!
- Pierre Wantzel proved that angle trisection is impossible in general by showing that the number cos 60° has minimal polynomial of degree 3; since the trisection of a 60° angle is equivalent to constructing the number cos 60° this finishes the proof.
- 페르마의 정리와 골드바흐의 추측
- 즉 첫 번째의 각 3등분 문제와 세 번째의 정육면체 문제는 1837년에 프랑스의 수학자 방첼(Pierre Laurent Wantzel; 1814-1848)이 해석기하학을 써서 증명하였고, 두 번째의 원과 정사각형 문제는 1882년에 원주율 π가 초월수라는 사실을 증명한 독일의 린데 ...
- Angle trisection problem solved?
- The problem, as stated, is generally impossible to solve, as shown by Pierre Wantzel (1837).
- Prof. Woody Dudley Offers Advice to Would-Be 'Trisectors' in Oklahoma Lecture
- Pierre Wantzel, in 1837, proved you can't trisect an angle with a simple compass and straightedge. That's the beautiful thing about math; once it's proven, it cannot change. Ever.
Pierre Wantzel is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pierre Wantzel books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Pierre Wantzel Topics
agathe uwilingiyimana early life