- It's almost time to celebrate Pi Day
- Some people have memorized large numbers of digits of pi — a practice called piphilology. The record for memorizing digits of pi, certified by Guinness is 70,000 digits, recited in India by Rajveer Meena in 9 hours and 27 minutes on March 21, 2015.
- Happy Pi Day 2015!
- By Hojae Lee, a Berkeley Math Circle assistant, and Laura Pierson, a high-school student at The College Preparatory School, in Oakland, Calif. It's time to celebrate Π Day!
- A day in the life of Pi
- Graham Kendall does not work for, consult, own shares in or receive funding from any company or organization that would benefit from this article, and has disclosed no relevant affiliations beyond the academic appointment above.
- How to memorize a thousand digits of pi (or just about anything, really)
- I speak, of course, of piphilology — the ancient and unappealing art of memorizing pi into the hundreds, even thousands, of digits. The current world-record holder, Lu Chao, reached 67,000.
- Happy Pi Day! Fun Facts About Our Favorite Irrational Number
- Number enthusiasts have memorized many digits of pi. Many people use mnemonic techniques, known as piphilology, to help them remember. Often, they use poems written in Pilish (in which the number of letters in each word corresponds to a digit of pi), ...
Piphilology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Piphilology books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchescourt jester shakespearian jesters
manchester evening news
land reform asia