A selection of articles related to plant medicine.
Original articles from our library related to the Plant Medicine. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Plant Medicine.
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Echinacea, the Sacred Plant
- A full grown Echinacea-plant is an impressive and decorative appearance. You may consider giving her a place in your garden. This beautiful plant will probably steal your heart with her large, colorful and long lasting flowers. No doubt you have heard of...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary E
- The Doctrine of Signatures as fingerprint of the Divine
- Researching substances in laboratories is a modern way of trying to understand the universe. The various components of a subject are taken apart, isolated and carefully studied. This is contrary to the old days, where people would observe a complete plant,...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Make Your Voice Heard As You Tread Gently On Our Mother Earth
- Making Your Voice Heard Before buying crystals, remember to ask where the crystal comes from and how it was mined. A lot of crystals are strip mined, which is very harmful to the land, and when handled often have a feeling of being psychically fractured or...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Angelica: The Herb of Angels
- Angelica, from seed your beauty weaves, Strong stems and healing leaves. I ask your blessings to bestow, As I nurse and watch you grow. From morning's dew through afternoon, To ray of stars and midnight's moon. Michael comes upon this day, To watch you grow...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
Plant Medicine is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Plant Medicine books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Plant Medicine Activity page 2 answers - flat.psd
- Canada's First Nations People relied on “traditional medicine" made from plants in their surroundines to treat an iniurv or sickness.
- Plant Medicine - Doctor of Plant Medicine - University of Florida
- in this interdisciplinary approach. Promoting Plant and Crop Health. While Protecting the Environment.
- University of Florida Plant Medicine Program
- University of Florida. Plant Medicine Program. Promoting Plant Health While Protecting the Environment.
- THE EFFICACY & SAFETY OF TRADITIONAL PLANT MEDICINES
- Applying Conventional Drug Testing to Plant Medicines…………………………… ….…...
- The Value of Plants Used in Traditional Medicine for Drug Discovery
- Environmental Health Perspectives • VOLUME 109 I SUPPLEMENT 1 I March 2001. 69.
Suggested News Resources
- Herbal abortion helps African women
- With the project People and Plant Medicine, researchers investigate whether the plants used in traditional medicine has pharmacological effects making the plants suitable for medicine.
- Parliament approves 70 million Euros for e-zwich project
- The Health Training and Research Bill has the object of setting four post graduate colleges such as the Centre for Plant Medicine Research for the promotion of scientific research knowledge and development of the field of plant medicine.
- Air Supply taps local talent for moving performance
- May's other off-the-wall courses include How to Ride and Draw a Horse, Plant Medicine Harvest and Preparation, and Bread Making from Scratch. One day and multi-week courses start early September. Call 261- 6279 or visit www.
- Lecturer calls on gov to protect forest cover
- bark of trees and roots, as he put it, to package it in a more scientific way for the cure of the many diseases confronting people all over the world by exporting, with assistance from those with profound knowledge in plant medicine like him.
Suggested Web Resources
- Plant Medicine homepage
- Aug 9, 2010 Opening to EXTRACT database and other services from the International Centre for Phytotherapy.
- Medicines from Plants
- This is a review of plant-based medicines, part of RainforestEducation.com.
- List of plants used as medicine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- can help ease nausea from chemotherapy, JP XV.  Databases. http://www.
- Plant Medicine Program
- The Doctor of Plant Medicine Student Organization promotes professional and social interaction.
- Plant Spirit Medicine
- Plant Spirit MedicineSM recognizes that plants have spirit, and that spirit is the strongest medicine. Spirit can heal the deepest reaches of our heart and soul.