A selection of articles related to plants.
Original articles from our library related to the Plants. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Plants.
- The Doctrine of Signatures as fingerprint of the Divine
- Researching substances in laboratories is a modern way of trying to understand the universe. The various components of a subject are taken apart, isolated and carefully studied. This is contrary to the old days, where people would observe a complete plant,...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Starting an Herbal Garden
- When planning an herbal garden it is important to decide what herbs you want to grow. Then decide where you're going to plant them. Will it be indoors or outdoors? Is there enough sunlight? Is the soil loose with good drainage or very firm and rocky? And so...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- The Paths of the Qabalah
- I must confess, I've been trying to use the book "The Talking Tree" by William Gray and I admit that I've been having a hard time. Most Tree of Life glyphs start the eleventh path with the Fool, as it is with most tarot decks. Gray begins with the...
Magick >> Qabalah
- You May Be Using Sunlight in Your Magic (And Not Even Know It!)
- A Circle is cast between the worlds. This space is filled by gentle candle light, and filled with the scent of fragrant herbs. Energy is raised, focused with purpose and then released with a sudden "whoosh." While there are many types of energy used...
Paganism & Wicca >> Spells
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 2
- Now the point of any study of how much we share in our search for the Deity must be in what shared behaviors should we expect? For the purposes of the community of A Mystical Grove, this must be in how we revere and cherish Nature in all its manifold...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- How to Use Bach Flower Remedies
- Selecting the remedies Select the remedies through the classical interview technique. Find out in a clear and honest conversation: what type the person is (for instance: easily frightened, or servile, or intolerant) what his/her emotions and concerns are at...
Homeopathy >> Bach Flower Remedies
Plants is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Plants books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Tracking New Coal-Fired Power Plants
- all possible plants under consideration but is intended to illustrate the potential additions in the U.S. and coal-fired power plant activity in China.
- Small Hydroelectric Plants
- successful and economical power plant is to result.
- Propagating Plants from Seed
- 1. Propagating Plants from Seed a pacific northwest extension publication • pnw0170.
- Wisconsin Native Plant Sources
- local genotypes of plants that are better suited to local conditions.
Suggested News Resources
- Kuhn Says Nuclear Plants Worked as Designed During Irene
- Aug. 29 (Bloomberg) -- Thomas Kuhn, president of Edison Electric Institute, talks about the restoration of power to those affected by Hurricane Irene. Kuhn speaks on Bloomberg Television's "InBusiness with Margaret Brennan.
- Plants brace for new rules
- The Belle River Power Plant in East China is one of two coal-fired facilities in St. Clair County. / BOB GROSS/TIMES HERALD By MAUREEN GROPPE »Toxic pollution: The Environmental Protection Agency is required under a court decree to finalize by Nov.
- Thomas Mickey: Tall order: Castor plant adds height to garden
- That means you need both short and tall plants. A plant that adds height with a tropical and dramatic look for late summer is the old-fashioned Ricinus, or castor bean plant. Some varieties can grow as tall as 15 feet in one season.
- Nuclear power plants withstand Hurricane Irene
- By Brian Wheeler As Hurricane Irene made its way to the eastern seaboard of the United States over the weekend of August 27, multiple nuclear power plants made preparations to shut down if needed.
Suggested Web Resources
- Welcome to the PLANTS Database | USDA PLANTS
- The home page for the United States Department of Agriculture PLANTS Database.
- Plant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Plants are living organisms belonging to the kingdom Plantae.
- PlantFiles: The Largest Plant Identification Reference Guide - Dave's
- Plant database with over 150000 plants with cultivation information and pictures supplied by member gardeners.
- Biology of Plants: Introduction
- Provides an introduction to plants.