Plato Platonic Scholarship
A selection of articles related to plato platonic scholarship.
Original articles from our library related to the Plato Platonic Scholarship. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Plato Platonic Scholarship.
- Hyperspace Reality
- Despite the fact that the 'new' physics, a godchild of the Einsteinian revolution has taught us that the Universe we perceive is a mere shadow of a vastly more unpredictable one, most of us still view the world in a distinctly materialistic way. A world where...
Modern Science >> New Physics
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Question the Premises of Society and Science
- Question the ultimate validity of the basic premises of society, in particular, scientific theory. Do not accept concepts or statements as truthful simply due to weight of tradition or learned opinion. The synthesis of these statements is a healthy skepticism...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- From Agape to Praxis: The Fourfold Nature of Love
- It is said that one can tell what a culture knows best by counting the number of words their language uses to describe a concept. Eskimos have many words for snow and the classical Greeks had many words for love. I have isolated four Greek words that I feel...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
- There are fragments of the 'Atlantis' legend in almost every culture around the world. This suggests, but does not prove, that the legend is based on a very ancient truth that was known by the forebears of each of these cultures. Our main source of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Conium maculatum (Poison Hemlock)
- In ancient Greece Poison Hemlock was a regularly used punishment for criminals. In 399 BC the great philosopher Socrates was killed this way; his crime consisted of teaching people to think for themselves - a great evil in old dictatorial Greece. Thanks to...
Remedies >> Remedies C
Plato Platonic Scholarship is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Plato Platonic Scholarship books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Collection and Division in the Philebus
- tions.2 I hypothesize that a roughly similar understanding of Plato provides a resolution to a longstanding difficulty in Platonic scholarship.3.
- <italic>Gorgias</italic> 466a4<symbol unicode="2013" ascii
- sion of the texts.
Suggested Web Resources
- Distortions of Platonic Dialectic
- The modern era of Platonic scholarship began with Friedrich Schleiermacher's 1804 German translation of Plato's dialogues.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Plato Platonic Scholarship Topics
Related searchesbard college notable alumni
civilization iv customization
45 acp muzzle velocity