A selection of articles related to plato.
Original articles from our library related to the Plato. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Plato.
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Hyperspace Reality
- Despite the fact that the 'new' physics, a godchild of the Einsteinian revolution has taught us that the Universe we perceive is a mere shadow of a vastly more unpredictable one, most of us still view the world in a distinctly materialistic way. A world where...
Modern Science >> New Physics
- Question the Premises of Society and Science
- Question the ultimate validity of the basic premises of society, in particular, scientific theory. Do not accept concepts or statements as truthful simply due to weight of tradition or learned opinion. The synthesis of these statements is a healthy skepticism...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- There are fragments of the 'Atlantis' legend in almost every culture around the world. This suggests, but does not prove, that the legend is based on a very ancient truth that was known by the forebears of each of these cultures. Our main source of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Conium maculatum (Poison Hemlock)
- In ancient Greece Poison Hemlock was a regularly used punishment for criminals. In 399 BC the great philosopher Socrates was killed this way; his crime consisted of teaching people to think for themselves - a great evil in old dictatorial Greece. Thanks to...
Remedies >> Remedies C
- From Agape to Praxis: The Fourfold Nature of Love
- It is said that one can tell what a culture knows best by counting the number of words their language uses to describe a concept. Eskimos have many words for snow and the classical Greeks had many words for love. I have isolated four Greek words that I feel...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
- Our rune for this month is known in reconstructed Common Germanic as *Wunjo, and is used for the sound represented by the English letter W. After the Anglo-Saxons began to write with a modified form of Roman Script (the letters being used to write this...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Plato is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Plato books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE REPUBLIC
- THE REPUBLIC. PLATO. CONTENTS.
- MARTIN HEIDEGGER P L A T O
- What remains unsaid in Plato's thinking is a change in what determines the essence of truth.
Suggested News Resources
- Nary a “philosopher king”: The long road from Plato to American politics
- By Louis René Beres In Plato's Republic, a canonic centerpiece of all Western thought, we first read of the “philosopher king,” a visionary leader who would impressively combine deep learning with effective governance.
- ESC backs AZ drug over Plavix on mortality benefit
- The ESC recommendations come as AZ released more analysis of the Plato study, which compared Brilique/Brilinta with Plavix in more than 18000 patients.
- Renaissance Gets Competing Takeover Bid From Plato Learning
- Plato Learning, which was taken private by Thoma Bravo for $143 million last year, offered to pay $15.50 a share in cash for Renaissance. Two weeks ago, Renaissance had agreed to be acquired by private-equity firm Permira Funds in a deal worth $14.
- AstraZeneca: Trial Shows Brilinta Mortality Benefit Versus Plavix
- The data, presented at the annual European Society of Cardiology congress in Paris, was part of a head-to-head study called PLATO comparing AstraZeneca's drug, also known as ticagrelor, with Plavix, whose chemical name is clopidogrel.
- The Meaning of Utopia
- Thus Plato's “Republic” is commonly described as the first philosophical utopia.
Suggested Web Resources
- Plato (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
- Plato (429–347 B.C.E.
- Aug 9, 2006 A brief discussion of the life and works of Plato, with links to electronic texts and additional information.
Related searcheshog dogging
dream interpretation number 8
collagen types of collagen
betrayal psychology of betrayal