Pliny The Elder
A selection of articles related to pliny the elder.
Original articles from our library related to the Pliny The Elder. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Pliny The Elder.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Pliny The Elder is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pliny The Elder books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Beer Me at the Mayor of Old Town: Pliny the Elder by Russian River Brewing
- Pliny the Elder was a pleasant surprise for me this week. Initially, a friend of mine told me to try it because he saw that The Mayor of Old Town had it on tap. He knew I did these beer reviews and he thought it would a good beer for me to review.
- 5 Ridiculous Beliefs About Exercise In History
- Blame Pliny The Elder for these ones: the Roman naturalist and author had some very intriguing ideas about medicine in general, but walking, for him, seemed to be an exceptionally paradoxical activity.
- 6 Advanced Ancient Inventions Beyond Modern Understanding
- Pliny the Elder (d. 79 A.D.
- Quoted: Pliny the Elder on the Death of Painting
- Painting is dead, and its first murderer in Western history was the Roman thinker Pliny the Elder, for whom it had been “entirely ousted by marbles” by around the year 79 AD.
Pliny The Elder Topics
kid rock personal life
nemean lion the slaying of the lion
dream dictionary rockslide