Pliny The Elder Vesuvius
A selection of articles related to pliny the elder vesuvius.
Original articles from our library related to the Pliny The Elder Vesuvius. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Pliny The Elder Vesuvius.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Pliny The Elder Vesuvius is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pliny The Elder Vesuvius books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- —Solaris, Stanislaw Lem
- I wonder now about Pliny the Elder, who after the eruption of Mount Vesuvius got on a ship — not to help with the evacuation but to selfishly observe the violent spectacle. His deckhands advised him to turn back, but he was firm: “Fortune favors the bold.
- Pliny the Elder is live-tweeting the fall of Pompeii
- Mt. Vesuvius is erupting, Pliny the Elder just said. On Twitter.
- Watch the Destruction of Pompeii by Mount Vesuvius
- Evidence for the destruction originally came from a surviving letter by Pliny the Younger, who saw the eruption from a distance and described the death of his uncle Pliny the Elder, an admiral of the Roman fleet, who tried to rescue citizens.
- The Enduring Mysteries Of Mount Vesuvius And The Destruction Of Pompeii
- Though some naturalists at the time recognized and described Vesuvius' volcanic nature, the quiet mountain was not considered a real danger anymore.
- Pompeii Obliterated in Vesuvius Eruption
- The account of Pliny the Younger, one of the most comprehensive first hand sources on the Vesuvius eruption, reveals how unaware the inhabitants of the region were.
Pliny The Elder Vesuvius Topics
Related searchesancient gauls
continuing life research
international e-road network
murray river geography