Plumas County California History
A selection of articles related to plumas county california history.
Original articles from our library related to the Plumas County California History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Plumas County California History.
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Truth Behind the History of the Necronomicon
- I don't think there are many people out there who haven't heard of the Necronomicon and the dreadful things connected with it. We've all heard the theories about how it is a Satanist tool; actual copies of the book are bound in human skin and how you risk...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of Magick
- I. Early Magick One tradition holds that Witchcraft began more than 35 thousand years ago, when the last great sheets ice began their journey across Europe. Legend holds that small groups of hunters followed the free-running game and bison across the tundra....
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Plumas County California History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Plumas County California History books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- historical markers of plumas county - Plumas County Museum
- plaque, erected by the State of California, Plumas County Historical Society and Plumas Ski Club ... about the history of Sloat to a large metal wheel from the old.
- newsletter final 2 color - Plumas County Museum
- Existing Historic Saloons and Watering Holes of Plumas County. .... almost immediately sold his operation to the California Fruit Exchange who then held a ...
- Tour 13 - Timber: History, Harvesting and Future - Plumas County
- Reduction Tour. Located in the forests of northern California's Sierra Nevada mountain range, Plumas County is a recreational paradise rich in timber history.
- Mineralogy of the Spring Creek Area, Plumas County, California
- California has a long history of being a significant producer of copper, with a ... No bismuth minerals are recorded in the literature from Plumas County. Smith.
- Backcountry Discovery Trail, Plumas National Forest
- Forest Service, in cooperation with the California State Parks OHV. Division. ...
Suggested News Resources
- Animal Rescue Heroes Bobbi and Jim Laughton. Photo courtesy to the Amador
- He was the chief of operations for this wildfire which became the seventh-most destructive wildfire in California's history. Mr. Lewis continues to help with the recovery ...
- Renowned pioneer botanist Rebecca Merritt Smith celebrated during Women's
- QUINCY, CA, March 4, 2016 - Rebecca Merritt Smith (1832 - 1919), later known as Rebecca Austin, renown botanist, will be the subject of this year's Women's History Month presentation sponsored by the Plumas National Forest and the Plumas County ...
- March Red Cross Month Highlights Local Heroes
- “Our community is full of everyday heroes who help others in need,” said Gary Strong, Chief Executive Officer of the American Red Cross Gold Country Region. “They are our selfless Red Cross volunteers, blood donors, and financial contributors who bring ...
- Longboard Ski Racing
- There's no doubt about it, the 19th Century longboard ski racers of Plumas and Sierra counties in California were the fastest humans on the planet. When snow conditions were right, these early speed demons rocketed down the mountainside at velocities ...
- Lake Almanor study part of Sierra Institute project.
- This project was initiated in part due to the economic importance of the watershed to Plumas and Sierra counties as well as being a major source of water for Northern California and beyond.
Suggested Web Resources
- Plumas County, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- History. Prior to the California Gold Rush of 1849, the Mountain Maidu were the primary inhabitants of the area now known as ...
- Plumas County, California GenWeb Project - County History
- The following content is excerpted, with permission from the publisher, from Plumas County: History of the Feather River Region by Jim Young and published by ...
- Plumas County, California Genealogy | Learn | FamilySearch.org
- History. Local histories are available for Plumas County, California Genealogy. County histories may include biographies, church, school ...
- Plumas County, CA - Official Website - Museum History
- Organizational History & Structure Plumas County Museum is a county-owned facility funded by the County of Plumas and in part by the nonprofit Plumas ...