- In Cold Blood
- (This limitation is called poikilothermy, but let's keep things moving.) Endotherms, by contrast—birds and mammals, including us—maintain consistent body temperature using their own metabolic heat, and can regulate it physiologically as needed (by ...
- Truck drivers 'dumping'
- Willie, which form of thermophysiology (cold-blooded), ectothermy,poikilothermy or bradymetabolism? Just playing with you chap... lol.
- Why Dinosaurs Were Like Tuna, Great Whites, and Echidnas
- Fifty years ago, dinosaurs lumbered across our screens like the slow-moving, shambling oafs they were thought to be. Now, they stride and sprint. They're portrayed as active animals, often lithe and agile.
- The Good Fat
- Organizers: Sandra J. Engle (Pfizer), John E. Hambor (Boehringer Ingelheim), and Mandana Arabi (The Sackler Institute for Nutrition Science)Presented by the Sackler Institute for Nutrition Science.
- Amphisbaenians and the origins of mammals
- Indeed, amphisbaenian-like Heterocephalus [shown in adjacent image] is one of the most basal of mammals, its poikilothermic physiology (Buffenstein & Yahav 1991) demonstrating that poikilothermy was retained by ancestral mammals and only later ...
Poikilothermy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Poikilothermy books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchessean hannity kcsb controversy
dream symbol will power
vfo digital vfo
oneida society mutual criticism
solomons temple raids and destruction
hoosier frontier slang
feudalism lords vassals and fiefs