A selection of articles related to poison hemlock.
Original articles from our library related to the Poison Hemlock. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Poison Hemlock.
- Hemlock: Correspondences
- Conium maculatum Poison Folk Names: Beaver Poison, Herb Bennet, Keckies, Kex, Musquash Root, Poison Hemlock, Poison Parsley, Spotted Corobane, Spotted Hemlock, Water Parsley Gender: Feminine Planet: Saturn Element: Water Deity: Hecate Power: Astral Projection,...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary H
- A Cup of Hemlock: Dealing with Conflict in Coven and Congregation
- There have always been those folks who point out our foibles, and make us take an uncomfortable look at our world, as well as those who simply had the misfortune to point out the obvious when it was unwelcome. Then there are troublemakers, folks who go out of...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Conium maculatum (Poison Hemlock)
- In ancient Greece Poison Hemlock was a regularly used punishment for criminals. In 399 BC the great philosopher Socrates was killed this way; his crime consisted of teaching people to think for themselves - a great evil in old dictatorial Greece. Thanks to...
Remedies >> Remedies C
- Blueflag: Correspondences
- Iris versicolor Poison Folk Names: Flag Lily, Fleur-de-Lys, Iris, Liver Lily, Poison Lily, Poison Flag, Snake Lily, Water Flag, Water Iris Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Water Deity: Power: Money...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Bufo rana (Toad Poison)
- Homoeopathic Bufo is made from the poison of the toad. The toad releases his poison when he is teased or irritated; it can paralyze a dog. The Chinese were the first to apply dried toad poison for a variety of complaints. The American homoeopath J.T. Kent...
Remedies >> Remedies B
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 32
- Chapter 32 32:1 Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. 32:2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass: 32:3...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
Poison Hemlock is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Poison Hemlock books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Late winter scouting can help battle a poisonous weed
- Poison hemlock is a biennial plant that has smooth, hollow stems covered in purple splotches. It has compound leaves with many very small leaflets. It has white flowers that grow in clusters that resemble umbrellas.
- Betrayed, informed voters spit out poison pill
- The night Obama lit up our White House in rainbow colors celebrating raw judicial activism against traditional marriage was the last hemlock conservatives could take in silence.
- Lookout weeds: spray is coming
- According to a news release from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, the cabinet, in accordance with KRS 176.051, targets Johnson grass, giant foxtail, Canada thistle, nodding thistle, common teasel, multiflora rose, amur honeysuckle, poison hemlock, ...
- Purdue Extension warns of acutely toxic poison hemlock plant
- Along the ditches, railroad tracks, fencerows, grass pastures, hay fields, and other open spaces in our community, you are likely to see poison hemlock in bloom this week. Poison hemlock is a biennial plant.
- Poison hemlock exploding across Lancaster County
- You discover you have — egads — poison hemlock on your property. How do you get rid of it? First, whether you want to pull it up or spray it, it's imperative you do so before the flowers go to seed.