A selection of articles related to poison ivy.
Original articles from our library related to the Poison Ivy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Poison Ivy.
- "The Holly and the Ivy": a Re-Heathenized Traditional Yuletide Carol
- Note: this song, in its Christianized form, was sung at the Lexington Unitarian Universalist Church in December 1999. The following comments were printed on the songsheet: "In early times, when reference was made in song or verse to 'holly' or 'ivy,'...
Holidays >> Yule
- Ground Ivy: Correspondences
- Nepeta glechoma Folk Names: Alehoof, Cat's Foot, Gill-Go-Over-The-Ground, Haymaids, Hedgemaids, Lizzy-Run-Up-The-Hedge, Robin-Run-In-The-Hedge, Tunhoof Gender: Planet: Element: Deity: Power: Divination...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary G
- Ivy: Correspondences
- Hedera spp. Folk Names: Gort Gender: Feminine Planet: Sarurn Element: Water Deity: Baccus, Dionysus, Osiris Power: Protection, Healing...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary I
- Hemlock: Correspondences
- Conium maculatum Poison Folk Names: Beaver Poison, Herb Bennet, Keckies, Kex, Musquash Root, Poison Hemlock, Poison Parsley, Spotted Corobane, Spotted Hemlock, Water Parsley Gender: Feminine Planet: Saturn Element: Water Deity: Hecate Power: Astral Projection,...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary H
- Bufo rana (Toad Poison)
- Homoeopathic Bufo is made from the poison of the toad. The toad releases his poison when he is teased or irritated; it can paralyze a dog. The Chinese were the first to apply dried toad poison for a variety of complaints. The American homoeopath J.T. Kent...
Remedies >> Remedies B
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Conium maculatum (Poison Hemlock)
- In ancient Greece Poison Hemlock was a regularly used punishment for criminals. In 399 BC the great philosopher Socrates was killed this way; his crime consisted of teaching people to think for themselves - a great evil in old dictatorial Greece. Thanks to...
Remedies >> Remedies C
Poison Ivy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Poison Ivy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Poison Ivy
- Poison Ivy. Introduction.
- Poison Ivy web hg34
- 1. Educating People To Help Themselves. Home & Garden Mimeo # HG 34 (12/ 94).
- Poison Ivy
- Each year we get numerous calls on controlling poison ivy. In nearly all cases The stems of poison ivy are usually woody except when quite young.
- Weed Control: Poison Ivy
- Weed Control. Poison Ivy. (Toxicodendron radicans L.
Suggested News Resources
- Health Q&A: Treating poison ivy
- Q: What do I do if I think I have been exposed to poison ivy? A: The poison ivy rash is caused by an allergic reaction of the skin to plant oils and appears only in areas where the plant oil has come in contact with the skin.
- Brothers band together for rare concert
- For "Poison Ivy," Leiber even managed to rhyme a famous remedy — "you're gonna need an ocean ... of calamine lotion.
- The Poison Ivy Update
- By James Fallows Last week, advice on the miracle protector against/cure for poison ivy, Tecnu. (Uma Thurman's rendering of Batman-world character Poison Ivy at right.) This week, readers' additions and clarifications.
- Timeless advice still helpful in lengthy battle with poison ivy
- Another less heralded but equally resilient combatant is poison ivy. We seem to be engaged in a war that will never end with this irritating plant. It employs a highly effective form of guerilla warfare, as we recently were reminded.
- F-Secure Analyzes Malicious Excel Spreadsheet That Penetrated RSA's Network
- Just opening up the spreadsheet caused Excel to execute the Flash code, which then exploited Adobe's vulnerability to drop a Poison Ivy backdoor to the system. The file was closed automatically, but it was too late as the computer was compromised.
Suggested Web Resources
- Poison Ivy
- Poison Ivy photos, photo quiz, FAQ, Stories, and a poster to purchase.
- Poison Ivy, Oak, or Sumac - Symptoms, Treatment and Indentifying
- Nov 23, 2009 Poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac are plants that can cause a skin rash called allergic contact dermatitis upon contact. Learn more.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Poison Ivy Topics
Related searchespleistocene palaeocycles
trickster modern day tricksters
eric clapton band
choir layout on stage