A selection of articles related to pole sitting.
Original articles from our library related to the Pole Sitting. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Pole Sitting.
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- A Ghostly House in Kansas
- Inteview with SUZANNE and JEFFERY DIEHL and their children JOURDANNE DIEHL, age 4, and PAUL ROATH age 13. June, 1999. Interview by SuzAnne's aunt Linda Kangas and Gene Kangas, Concord OHIO. The subject concerns spiritual occurrences at an early 20th century...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 27
- Chapter 27 27:1 When the morning was come, all the chief priests and elders of the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death: 27:2 And when they had bound him, they led him away, and delivered him to Pontius Pilate the governor. 27:3 Then Judas,...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 And when king Arad the Canaanite, which dwelt in the south, heard tell that Israel came by the way of the spies; then he fought against Israel, and took some of them prisoners. 21:2 And Israel vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou wilt...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- Grounding and Shielding
- With grounding or centering we mean being firmly present in your body and cleaning it from lower frequencies, so that the 'holy spirit can descend into matter' or, put in a different way, you can easily make contact with your intuition and unconsciousness...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
Pole Sitting is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pole Sitting books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A Near Term Pole-Sitter using Hybrid Solar Sail Propulsion
- Jul 22, 2010 22 July 2010. Matteo Ceriotti, Colin McInnes. Non-Keplerian.
- AAS 09-148 DESIGN OF OPTIMAL LOW-THRUST LUNAR POLE
- Using a thruster similar to Deep Space 1's NSTAR, pole-sitting low-thrust trajec- tories are Pole-sitting position maintained for as long as possible. 3.
- Dixie Blandy Papers MS – 80 Wright State University Department of
- Marine, riveter, steeplejack, flagpole painter and salesman. 1929 - First flagpole sitting in answer to classified ad by Goodrich Rubber.
- 6.302 Feedback Systems Σ k a
- RULE #6: Let's try to derive this one in class, or at least part of it. Suppose that we have a 3rd order pole sitting on the real axis.
Suggested News Resources
- SunTrust Boys Win At The Glen
- Max Angelelli brought the polesitting SunTrust Wayne Taylor Racing Dallara Chevrolet home a winner in Saturday afternoon's Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series race at Watkins Glen International.
- Muscle Milk takes wet win at Mid Ohio
- The race started in dry conditions as the pole sitting Mazda powered Lola of Guy Smith and Chris Dyson took the early lead. The Dyson Racing car held onto the lead until a restart after a full course yellow for an incident involving a LMPC car.
- 2011 Indianapolis GP: Honda MotoGP Race Preview
- From fifth on the grid, and half a second off the pace, Pedrosa took the lead from pole-sitting American Ben Spies on the seventh of 28 laps and romped to victory, the third of his four on the season.
- Mat Jackson claims fourth reverse-grid win to move into the championship lead
- Jackson found a way by the polesitting Special Tuning Racing SEAT Leon of Dave Newsham on lap two and drove away. His cause was helped by Newsham holding the pursuers back as Jackson set three consecutive fastest laps in his Motorbase Ford Focus.
Suggested Web Resources
- Pole-sitting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pole-sitting is the practice of sitting on a pole for extended lengths of time, generally used as a test of endurance.
- Flagpole Sitting - The Bad Fads Museum
- Flagpole Sitting Kelly's stunt occurred in 1924 and within weeks hundreds of people were trying to call themselves the "King of the Pole.
- Flagpole Sitting (1920′s)
- Oct 31, 2010 The Roaring Twenties saw an odd but not new spectacle of â€œflagpole sittingâ € .
- Pole-sitting - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
- Jan 19, 2010 Polesitting is an ancient sport, deveployed by lost fishermen off the Jutlandic coast in 4th century.