- Sheila Fitzpatrick
- Polina Zhemchuzhina, founder of the Soviet cosmetics industry and wife of Stalin's No. 2, Vyacheslav Molotov, was arrested for Zionism in 1948 after Stalin had forced the couple to divorce. “Granny could endure anything,” her granddaughter remembered.
- Children of Monsters by Jay Nordlinger reveals the lives of Stalin and Gaddafi
- According to her close friend, Polina Zhemchuzhina, the marriage was strained, and the two argued frequently. She also suffered from a mental illness, possibly bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder.
- The forgotten alliance
- Several prominent figures were arrested, among them Polina Zhemchuzhina, the wife of Vyacheslav Molotov, Stalin's right-hand man; Ivan Maisky, the former diplomat, who had played a key role in negotiations with the Zionist movement; and Maria ...
- Before Crimea Was an Ethnic Russian Stronghold, It Was a Potential Jewish Homeland
- Yet Molotov was not unfriendly toward Jews; his wife, Polina Zhemchuzhina, was from a Jewish family in southern Ukraine and had a sister who had emigrated to Palestine. Mikhoels and Fefer left the meeting convinced that Molotov would support the plan ...
Polina Zhemchuzhina is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Polina Zhemchuzhina books and related discussion.