- The DeTECHtive: An Investigation on How Past Inventions Can Inspire Future
- Rising start-ups often find at their core the presence of a past invention. This week, I found the direction of my investigative work leading towards the 'emerging tech' of yesteryear.
- Plastic: From mega-useful to the king of waste
- Bakelite, or polyoxybenzylmethylenglycolanhydride, is considered to be the first synthetic thermosetting plastic. Baekland labelled it “the material with a thousand uses” – he wasn't wrong.
- Gerry Wells, radio enthusiast - obituary
- Don't you mean polyoxybenzylmethylenglycolanhydride? It was one of the first synthetic 'plastic' materials. As 'Bakelite' it was invented by Dr Bakeland in the USA, and was subsequently manufactured in the UK.
- 10 things you didn't know about plastics
- Bakelite or polyoxybenzylmethylenglycolanhydride, is an early plastic. It is a thermosetting phenol formaldehyde resin, formed from an elimination reaction of phenol with formaldehyde.
- Whoops! The 10 Greatest (Accidental) Inventions of All Time
- What Belgian chemist Leo Baekeland found in instead was—get ready—polyoxybenzylmethylenglycolanhydride, the world's first synthetic plastic, commonly known as Bakelite. This pioneering plastic was moldable into virtually any shape, in any color, and ...
Polyoxybenzylmethylenglycolanhydride is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Polyoxybenzylmethylenglycolanhydride books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesjosephus significance to scholarship
list of symphony orchestras poland
odessa argentinas nazi files
sherman adams overcoat scandal
manifest destiny notes