A selection of articles related to pontius pilate.
Original articles from our library related to the Pontius Pilate. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Pontius Pilate.
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him. 19:2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe, 19:3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands. 19:4...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 And the whole multitude of them arose, and led him unto Pilate. 23:2 And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King. 23:3 And...
New Testament >> Luke
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 27
- Chapter 27 27:1 When the morning was come, all the chief priests and elders of the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death: 27:2 And when they had bound him, they led him away, and delivered him to Pontius Pilate the governor. 27:3 Then Judas,...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 15
- Chapter 15 15:1 And straightway in the morning the chief priests held a consultation with the elders and scribes and the whole council, and bound Jesus, and carried him away, and delivered him to Pilate. 15:2 And Pilate asked him, Art thou the King of the...
New Testament >> Mark
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 18
- Chapter 18 18:1 When Jesus had spoken these words, he went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which he entered, and his disciples. 18:2 And Judas also, which betrayed him, knew the place: for Jesus ofttimes resorted...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them, 4:2 Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead. 4:3 And they laid hands...
New Testament >> The Acts
- King James Bible: I Timothy, Chapter 6
- Chapter 6 6:1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. 6:2 And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but...
New Testament >> I Timothy
Pontius Pilate is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pontius Pilate books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Pontius Pilate's name found in Archeology anf History
- PONTIUS PILATE. In 1961 an Italian excavation uncovered an inscription bearing the name Pontius Pilate.
- COPYRIGHT NOTICE: Colum Hourihane: Pontius Pilate, Anti
- Pontius Pilate, Anti-Semitism, and the Passion in Medieval Art Christian period to describe Pontius Pilate, that most complex of biblical char acters.
- 1 THE BRIDGE CONNECTING PONTIUS PILATE'S SENTENCING
- Pontius Pilate and the Sanhedrin: The Definitive Kangaroo .
Suggested News Resources
- Herod's lost city and home to Pontius Pilate
- This is the only physical, non-literary evidence ever discovered that offers proof Pontius Pilate, the man who the Bible says sentenced Jesus Christ to crucifixion, was real.
- Perry's execution record outstrips Bush's
- George Bush, the so-called "Texecutioner", who has been described as a "modern-day Pontius Pilate", oversaw the execution of 152 convicts over five years.
- Broadway legend Ben Vereen dishes on 'Jesus Christ Superstar' in Houston
- by Courtney Zubowski / KHOU 11 News HOUSTON – Broadway legend Ben Vereen will be at the Wortham Center this weekend, performing as Pontius Pilate in "Jesus Christ Superstar.
- August 25: Exchange houses to help service couple
- Sir,-In connection with the archaeological excavations in the area, the old legend about Pontius Pilate's childhood in Fortingall has resurfaced. This, of course, was quite impossible.
- Local Catholics reflect on World Youth Day in Europe
- They saw the Sistine Chapel and the Holy Staircase, which tradition holds are the stairs Jesus climbed to face Pontius Pilate. They visited many churches, basilicas and museums — so many, Kohnle struggled to remember their names.
Suggested Web Resources
- Pontius Pilate
- Pontius Pilate was the Roman governor of Judaea from 26 CE to 36 CE; in this capacity, he was responsible for the execution of Jesus of Nazareth.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Pontius Pilate
- Fifth procurator of Judea (A.D. 26-36) who ordered the crucifixion of Our Lord.
- Pontius Pilate
- According to the gospels, Pilate realized that Jesus was innocent, but gave the order for the crucifixion anyway. Apparently he ...
- The Ecole Initiative: Pontius Pilate
- Pontius Pilate was the fifth governor of the Roman province of Judaea. His rule began in 26 CE and lasted until early in 37 CE (Josephus, Antiquities 18.