A selection of articles related to pontius pilate.
Original articles from our library related to the Pontius Pilate. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Pontius Pilate.
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him. 19:2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe, 19:3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands. 19:4...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 27
- Chapter 27 27:1 When the morning was come, all the chief priests and elders of the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death: 27:2 And when they had bound him, they led him away, and delivered him to Pontius Pilate the governor. 27:3 Then Judas,...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 15
- Chapter 15 15:1 And straightway in the morning the chief priests held a consultation with the elders and scribes and the whole council, and bound Jesus, and carried him away, and delivered him to Pilate. 15:2 And Pilate asked him, Art thou the King of the...
New Testament >> Mark
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 And the whole multitude of them arose, and led him unto Pilate. 23:2 And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King. 23:3 And...
New Testament >> Luke
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 18
- Chapter 18 18:1 When Jesus had spoken these words, he went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which he entered, and his disciples. 18:2 And Judas also, which betrayed him, knew the place: for Jesus ofttimes resorted...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them, 4:2 Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead. 4:3 And they laid hands...
New Testament >> The Acts
- King James Bible: I Timothy, Chapter 6
- Chapter 6 6:1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. 6:2 And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but...
New Testament >> I Timothy
Pontius Pilate is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pontius Pilate books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Pontius Pilate's name found in Archeology anf History
- PONTIUS PILATE. In 1961 an Italian excavation uncovered an inscription bearing the name Pontius Pilate.
- COPYRIGHT NOTICE: Colum Hourihane: Pontius Pilate, Anti
- Pontius Pilate, Anti-Semitism, and the Passion in Medieval Art Christian period to describe Pontius Pilate, that most complex of biblical char acters.
- 1 THE BRIDGE CONNECTING PONTIUS PILATE'S SENTENCING
- Pontius Pilate and the Sanhedrin: The Definitive Kangaroo .
Suggested News Resources
- Herod's lost city and home to Pontius Pilate
- This is the only physical, non-literary evidence ever discovered that offers proof Pontius Pilate, the man who the Bible says sentenced Jesus Christ to crucifixion, was real.
- Perry's execution record outstrips Bush's
- George Bush, the so-called "Texecutioner", who has been described as a "modern-day Pontius Pilate", oversaw the execution of 152 convicts over five years.
- Broadway legend Ben Vereen dishes on 'Jesus Christ Superstar' in Houston
- by Courtney Zubowski / KHOU 11 News HOUSTON – Broadway legend Ben Vereen will be at the Wortham Center this weekend, performing as Pontius Pilate in "Jesus Christ Superstar.
- August 25: Exchange houses to help service couple
- Sir,-In connection with the archaeological excavations in the area, the old legend about Pontius Pilate's childhood in Fortingall has resurfaced. This, of course, was quite impossible.
- Local Catholics reflect on World Youth Day in Europe
- They saw the Sistine Chapel and the Holy Staircase, which tradition holds are the stairs Jesus climbed to face Pontius Pilate. They visited many churches, basilicas and museums — so many, Kohnle struggled to remember their names.
Suggested Web Resources
- Pontius Pilate
- Pontius Pilate was the Roman governor of Judaea from 26 CE to 36 CE; in this capacity, he was responsible for the execution of Jesus of Nazareth.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Pontius Pilate
- Fifth procurator of Judea (A.D. 26-36) who ordered the crucifixion of Our Lord.
- Pontius Pilate
- According to the gospels, Pilate realized that Jesus was innocent, but gave the order for the crucifixion anyway. Apparently he ...
- The Ecole Initiative: Pontius Pilate
- Pontius Pilate was the fifth governor of the Roman province of Judaea. His rule began in 26 CE and lasted until early in 37 CE (Josephus, Antiquities 18.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.