A selection of articles related to poor widow.
Original articles from our library related to the Poor Widow. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Poor Widow.
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 24
- Chapter 24 24:1 When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 15
- Chapter 15 15:1 At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release. 15:2 And this is the manner of the release: Every creditor that lendeth ought unto his neighbour shall release it; he shall not exact it of his neighbour, or of his brother; because it...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- Welcome again to the Rune-of-the-Month Club. Actually, it seems like it's become more like the Rune-of-the-Season Club, since the last time I sat down to write one of these, I was snowed it; and now, daytime highs are well into the 80's! I'll try to write a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- King James Bible: James, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. 2:2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; 2:3 And...
New Testament >> The Epistle of James
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 And he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury. 21:2 And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites. 21:3 And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they...
New Testament >> Luke
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 And he began to speak unto them by parables. A certain man planted a vineyard, and set an hedge about it, and digged a place for the winefat, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country. 12:2 And at the season...
New Testament >> Mark
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 25
- Chapter 25 25:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses in mount Sinai, saying, 25:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye come into the land which I give you, then shall the land keep a sabbath unto the LORD. 25:3 Six years thou shalt sow thy...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
Poor Widow is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Poor Widow books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Jesus Praises a Poor Widow
- “This poor widow has put in more than all those giving to the temple treasury” (Mark 12:43). First things first. It's “mites” plural, not the widow's mite, as some people say.
- Jackson remembers U.S. Marshal Josie Wells on 1-year anniversary of his death
- “Josie was very laid back, God fearing, and the way he died and in the manner that is worth honoring, he gave his life selflessly just to make sure a murder was off the streets,” said Widow Channing Wells.
- Princess Margaret had chauffeur destroy romantic Royal correspondence
- To the few people on the beach, it was just another small figure swimming in the warm Caribbean.
- Why I'm worried about Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War
- Let's not mince words here: The story was an abomination, a stain on the company's legacy that went beyond poor storytelling (though there was also plenty of that) to promoting some genuinely troubling agendas. Let me ...