Pope Leo X
A selection of articles related to pope leo x.
Original articles from our library related to the Pope Leo X. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Pope Leo X.
- Sign Characteristics: Leo
- Quadruplicity Fixed Day of the week Sunday Birthstones Ruby Diamond Colours Red Yellow Orange Flowers Sunflower Mimosa Metals Gold Essences Incense Bergamot Orange Animals Dog Panther Canary GENERAL FEATURES Fire sign ruled by the Sun, symbol of strength and...
Astrology >> Leo
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Truth, Lies and the Holocaust
- Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well. -Samuel Butler Over the years, I have heard many tales of tragedy and persecution committed against Neo-Pagans around the country. From folks losing jobs, losing...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Parsifal -- The Search for The Holy Grail
- (This is a long and rich tale, which really merits a much more thorough analysis. I hope to return to that another time. Here I have only related the most essential parts:) Parsifal grew up in the woods with his mother who was a widow. One day he saw a group...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Christ's Role, As He Might Have Meant It: a Discussion
- It seems that organized religion has assumed the role of Christ in the dispensation of Truth, be it relating to the church itself or in the very Word of God. The Pope, when speaking in his official capacity, is considered to be the mouthpiece of God."...
Religions >> Christianity
Pope Leo X is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pope Leo X books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Papal Bull: Exsurge Domine Pope Leo X (1521)
- Pope Leo X. (1521). After much delay, the papal bull 'Exsurge Domine' was published in June 1520.
- ARCHITECTURE & POETRY. THE LETTER OF RAPHAËL TO POPE
- The first text is a famous letter from Raffaello Sanzio to pope Leo X, written in 1519, a pope Leo X.
- The Renaissance (French meaning rebirth) 14th –17th century
- Medici Family wealthy gained political power. Ruled Florence for 60 years 1434 – 1494). Medici produced four popes and two queens.
- Informal Academies and Music in Pope Leo X's Rome
- Pope Leo X's Rome. A mong the quintessentially representative institutions of the Italian .L-\.
- Some Significant Historical Contributions To The Protestant
- In 1514, Albert of Mainz become the Archbishop of Mainz at age 24.
Suggested News Resources
- A trip to the scandalous backrooms of Europe
- There, in 1516, the secretary to Pope Leo X had the artist Raphael and his cohorts cover the walls with highly erotic artwork. While Perrottet was able to catch a glimpse, it's doubtful that your Vatican guide will let you in.
- Vatican to display Martin Luther's excommunication ruling
- A website for the exhibition said Pope Leo X's famous decree entitled "Decet Romanum Pontificem" -- which sealed a schism with Protestants and sparked a series of religious wars -- will be one of the most important objects on display.
- Michelangelo's hand may finally shape basilica, 500 years on
- Matteo Renzi has called for a referendum on whether to dust off plans for the church's facade, which last saw the light of day in 1515, when they were presented by Michelangelo to Pope Leo X, one of the Medici popes.
- One LA museum hosts an exhibition in the fine art of giving
- He then made a print in remarkable detail. The unfortunate animal was given to the king of Portugal, and then died in a shipwreck in 1515 while being transported as a gift to yet another owner, Pope Leo X. Next page.
Suggested Web Resources
- Pope Leo X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pope Leo X (11 December 1475 – 1 December 1521), born Giovanni di Lorenzo de' Medici, was the Pope from 1513 to his death in 1521.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Pope Leo X
- Among the many sayings of Leo X that have come down to us, there is not one of a sceptical nature.
- Pope Leo X: Evaluation of His "Fable of Christ" Statement
- Pope Leo X. Before I worked for my state's prison system, I had a job as a researcher at my state's department which oversaw emergency medical services.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Pope Leo X Topics
Related searchesgadsden purchase controversy
limp fiction characters with limps
kundalini yoga and weight loss