A selection of articles related to popular sovereignty.
Original articles from our library related to the Popular Sovereignty. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Popular Sovereignty.
- Popular Oracles and Omens
- I think it would be correct to assume that man has always been anxious to lift a corner of the veil of the future. In this section I’ve included several popular oracles, omens and superstitions. Some of these might seem a bit ridiculous, but why not consider...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- Tarot Cards Overview
- Tarot is made up of four suites of regular playing cards, each having 14 pieces of cards. What distinguishes a deck of tarot cards from conventional playing cards is a single card called the Fool.
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
Popular Sovereignty is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Popular Sovereignty books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Popular Sovereignty and - National Initiative for Democracy
- Popular Sovereignty and Constitutional Amendment by. Akhil REED .
- The Tension Between Sovereign Immunity and Popular Sovereignty
- distinct relationship with the notion of popular sovereignty, and it is not analyzed in .
Suggested News Resources
- School choice in Colorado
- Lincoln opposed Douglas's repugnant “popular sovereignty” plan for allowing territories to vote for or against accepting slavery. Today, Douglas County has an admirable plan for popular sovereignty in education — school choice.
- West Africa: Regions Democratic Evolution African Or Western?
- The essence of liberal democracy is precisely the abolition of popular power and replacement of popular sovereignty with the rule of law.
- Emily's Post: Sovereignty, recalls and the long haul
- There are those who believe,however, that popular sovereignty is a myth -- and certainly it has nearly been reduced to that at the national level (that is, for better or worse, exactly what the tea party is, in essence, rebelling against).
- The Arab Spring
- As an exercise in the real meaning of popular sovereignty, the swelling tide of uprisings in the Middle East poses a unique challenge to the structures of power which maintain the current world order.
- Perry's book is good. Really.
- But Perry isn't such a fan of popular sovereignty, either.
Suggested Web Resources
- Popular sovereignty | Define Popular sovereignty at Dictionary.com
- this link to your blog or website to reference this page. Did you know:You look for a Web page and it says "Error 404 Not Found." What do the numbers mean?
- Popular Sovereignty
- Popular sovereignty was the political doctrine that the people who lived in a region should determine for themselves the nature of their government.
- popular sovereignty — Infoplease.com
- popular sovereignty, in U.S. history, doctrine under which the status of slavery in the territories was to be determined by the settlers themselves.
- Popular sovereignty - Definition and More from the Free Merriam
- a doctrine in political theory that government is created by and subject to the will of the people. 2.
Popular Sovereignty Topics
Related searchesinsurance glossary p
parliament of canada
sodium hydroxide precautions
interstate 81 major cities
ten commandments sabbath day