A selection of articles related to porcupine quills.
Original articles from our library related to the Porcupine Quills. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Porcupine Quills.
- White Buffalo Calf Woman
- Buffalo stretched to the horizon across the grassy hills. Two brothers were walking towards them. As they walked they saw within the herd a white buffalo calf, something neither one of them had seen before. While they watched it, it began to raise itself up...
Deities & Heros >> Native American
- The Social Navigator Tarot Spread
- or "Who are these people and what do they want from me?" As a long time reader with an overly demanding practice, one area related to my gifts has become a constant source of confusion, disappointment, exploitation and betrayal for me. What I have...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
Porcupine Quills is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Porcupine Quills books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Quills and Thrills
- When a porcupine raises its quills like this, it produces an odor.
- Ocular and orbital porcupine quills in the dog: A review and case
- Ocular and orbital porcupine quills in the dog: A review and case series. Bruce H. Grahn, David Szentimrey, John W.
- CXXII. SULPHUR DISTRIBUTION IN THE COMPONENT
- AND PORCUPINE QUILLS.
- Mechanobiology of Alpha-Keratin Using North American Porcupine
- Mechanobiology of Alpha-Keratin Using North American Porcupine Quills. Shih- Feng Chou and *Ruel A. Overfelt.
- Porcupine. Porcupine Fact Sheet 1. Erethizon dorsatum.
Suggested News Resources
- A new home for Phoenix
- The dog had a face full of porcupine quills, he was starving, and infection was running rampant through his body. Phoenix has been adopted and his new owner, Ariana Wright, says there is still has a long way to go in the dog's recovery.
- Newly imagined, or differently there: baskets
- “Words That Come Before All Else (Thanksgiving Address),'' by Ronnie-Leigh Goeman of the Onondaga tribe, is made with a host of natural materials: black ash, sweet grass, moose hair, and porcupine quills.
- Ask Free Press outdoors writer Eric Sharp
- But some of the African porcupines can weigh twice as much and can have striped quills more than 15 inches long. African porcupine quills 6-12 inches long are used in Europe to make fishing floats. Have a question for ERIC SHARP?
- Hard luck puppy rescued
- The one-year-old chocolate lab cross was found south of Calgary last Saturday afternoon, dehydrated, malnourished and impaled by numerous porcupine quills with extremely infected wounds. A passing motorist spotted him and called Okotoks' Pound Rescue.
- Porcupine Quill Jewelry Workshop
- Come and learn techniques working with porcupine quills in this two day workshop. Participants will be making earrings, necklaces or hair ties out of quills to take home. The dying, stringing and cutting off the barbed tips will be covered.
Suggested Web Resources
- HowStuffWorks "What's the best way to remove porcupine quills?"
- Porcupine quills are the main source of defense for these prickly rodents. Learn how porcupine quills are impaled into predators and clueless pets.
- Porcupine quill
- Porcupine quill. Magnification: X 50. Porcupine quills are sharp as needles.
- Basketry Supplies: Porcupine Quills
- Source list for natural and dyed porcupine quills to be used as basketmaking materials.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.