- Global Extinction Rates: Why Do Estimates Vary So Wildly?
- But new analyses of beetle taxonomy have raised questions about them. In June, Stork used a collection of some 9,000 beetle species held at London's Natural History Museum to conduct a reassessment. He analyzed patterns in how collections from ...
- Solving the Mystery of Recent Whale Strandings
- Although around 600 cetaceans (a taxonomic group containing whales, dolphins and porpoises) are washed up on our shores every year, these are usually dolphins and porpoises, with only a handful of larger whales. So what exactly is causing this increase ...
- Pacific NorthWest LNG terminal passes environmental test
- Even so, the report did find several areas of concern where it could have a negative impact – on harbour porpoises and climate change in particular.
- How I get ready: Toni Collette
- Toni Collette: 'It takes me 15 minutes to get ready.' Photograph: Amanda Edwards/Getty Images North America. Rosanna Greenstreet.
- International Team Profiles DNA Viruses in Arctic Freshwater Lakes
- "[V]iral communities in the Arctic and Antarctic freshwater ecosystems share taxonomic composition of viruses, dominated by unknown and small [single-stranded DNA] viruses, but show very low fine-grain genetic overlap," senior author Antonio Alcamí, ...
Porpoise Taxonomy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Porpoise Taxonomy books and related discussion.