A selection of articles related to port kembla.
Original articles from our library related to the Port Kembla. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Port Kembla.
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Sun Fire Laughing
- At the center of every creation Fire dances, laughing, conjuring, holding the chill of the void at bay. Like both the charmer and the snake, he warms the Earth to jump from its slumber, calling all life to stand and reach for him in the heavens, calling all...
The Elements >> Fire
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
Port Kembla is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Port Kembla books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- IAP – What's In It For Me // Port Kembla Port Corporation
- ABOUT PORT KEMBLA //. Situated in Wollongong, approximately 80km south of.
- PORT KEMBLA - Observed catches of anglers and spearfishers
- At Port Kembla, we conducted 723 interviews with fishing parties (95% cooperative). PORT KEMBLA - Observed catches of anglers and spearfishers.
- Berkeley, Warrawong & Port Kembla District
- Oct 11, 2010 Look for bus numbers. 34. 65.
Suggested News Resources
- Decision time approaches for BlueScope workers
- BY CHRIS PAVER Port Kembla steelworkers will spend the week weighing up the pros and cons of redundancy deals on the table from BlueScope Steel.
- Wind farm proposed for Port Kembla site
- BY GREG ELLIS Enough wind power to provide the energy needs of up to 10000 homes could be generated near the Port Kembla coal loader within two to three years.
- Queue forming to lure former steelworkers
- As the company lays off 800 employees at Port Kembla, plus another 330 contractors, it has set up a job centre, which will open on Monday morning for workers to get help finding work elsewhere.
- Western grandstand no help for BlueScope
- BY BEVAN SHIELDS Chinese steel was used to build WIN Stadium's western grandstand as BlueScope Steel struggled for survival just 2km away in Port Kembla.
- Employees facing the axe feel betrayed
- But at lunchtime yesterday, Port Kembla workers were truly stunned. They had just discovered BlueScope Steel's top executives, who the day earlier had taken the axe to the iconic steel company, had managed to pocket millions of dollars in bonuses.
Suggested Web Resources
- Port Kembla Port Corporation
- Information on the Port of Port Kembla including ship movements and weather.
- Port Kembla, New South Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Port Kembla is a suburb of Wollongong 8 km south of the CBD and part of the Illawarra region of New South Wales.
- Port Kembla Coal Terminal
- Port Kembla Coal Terminal (PKCT) is a key coal exporting facility on Australia's east coast, 72 km south of Sydney.
- Port Kembla
- Jun 8, 2010 Port Kembla was originally known as Red Point.