A selection of articles related to postmodern architecture.
Original articles from our library related to the Postmodern Architecture. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Postmodern Architecture.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Egyptian Temples, part III: God's Home
- The cult temple in ancient Egypt was more than a place of worship. It was the home of the god, it was believed the deity took up residence in the building and used it more or less for all those various purposes as humans did. It was the place he was given...
Religions >> Egyptian
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
- The Old Ones Live in New Things Too
- Imagine living in a time where all things were sacred, in a place where everything you touched was part of a Goddess or God. Since all things were divine, each had a patron Deity. From doorways to ovens, from the farm, to the hunt, to the birth of anything...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Magick and Science
- Many people wonder how magick works. To the non-believer, they say that there is no proof that spells work. And those abilities such as telekinesis are illusionary or product of imagination. They ask us to use scientific means to explain how exactly these...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
Postmodern Architecture is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Postmodern Architecture books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Postmodern architecture - Saylor Academy
- Postmodern architecture began as an international style the first examples of which are generally cited as being from the 1950s, but did not become a style until ...
- Robert Venturi and His Contributions to Postmodern Architecture
- This paper examines the major contributions of architect Robert Venturi to the field of Postmodern architecture during the 1970s. Many of Venturi's buildings.
- Charles Jencks and the historiography of Post-Modernism
- The history of Post-Modern Architecture was to a large extent tied to the name of Charles ... sor Sigfried Giedion had done for Modern Architecture in the 1930s.
- An Archeology of Postmoden Architecture: A Reading of Charles
- Crisis in architecture, Jencks, The Language of Post-Modern architecture, 1977. ... Post-Modern architecture in 1977.
- The Postmodern Turn Steven Best and Douglas Kellner Chapter Four
- this transformation with discussion of the postmodern turn in a variety of aesthetic fields, ranging from architecture, painting, and literature to multimedia art and ...
Suggested News Resources
- Postmodern Mansion In the Bucolic Fieldston Historic District Seeks $2M
- Postmodern architecture is a rare and diminishing breed in New York City.
- "We could never recreate Mario Botta's SFMOMA" – Snøhetta
- Interview: San Francisco Museum of Modern Art reopens this month with a Snøhetta-designed extension to its original Mario Botta building.
- Pablo Bronstein: Historical Dances in an Antique Setting – review
- Not that they appear here in green, for they have been so fused with the design of the Duveen as to appear to become part of the golden neoclassical building: a hybrid of Victorian and postmodern architecture.
- David Reed's Panorama
- With this gesture, Reed acknowledges that painting is contained by architecture, even as the artist attempts to extend it beyond its confines. Reed's brushstrokes — the ones that seem to have been painted with an actual brush, ...
- In the EU capital, churches are now restaurants
- In the meantime in Mechelen, Flanders, a luxury hotel has arisen in place of a Gothic church. Christian arches, columns and windows are still in place between menus and tables for customers.
Suggested Web Resources
- Postmodern architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Postmodern architecture began as an international style the first examples of which are generally cited as being from the 1950s, but did not become a movement ...
- What is Postmodernism? | Architect Michael Graves: A Grand Tour
- Before there could be postmodernism, there had to be a modernism for it to rebel ... Architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, a prominent proponent of the modernist ...
- Postmodernism | Tag | ArchDaily
- For nearly two millennia, European architecture was closely affiliated with and shaped by Christianity. Prior to the advent of Modernism, there was scarcely a ...
- The Dezeen guide to Postmodern architecture and design
- Jul 23, 2015 Not all Postmodern architecture has stood the test of time (literally – Graves' Portland Building, built on the cheap, is in terrible condition today ...
- Post-Modern Architecture and the architects involoved in it.
- Jun 8, 2013 Contains the comparison between modern architecture and post-modern architecture. The reasons that led to post-modern architecture.
Postmodern Architecture Topics
Related searchesalleghany corporation
nac breda stadium information