A selection of articles related to potatoes.
Original articles from our library related to the Potatoes. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Potatoes.
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Imbolc - Midwinter
- ABOUT IMBOLC | RITUAL | FOODS ABOUT IMBOLC Imbolg/Imbolc is pronounced EM-Bowl-ig or ic, it also known as Midwinter, Candlemass, Oimelc, Lupercus, Lupecal, Disting, Brigatia (Brigid's Day), Lady Day and Groundhog Day. Imbolg translates, according to McCoy, to...
Holidays >> Imbolg
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 6
- AS THE WORM TURNS Health and well being are part of the natural birthright of the human being. With all of its organs intact, the right diet, exercise and mental focus, a human body can overcome any disease. Even so, the effects of living in this...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Alumina (Aluminum)
- Aluminum is a very light and easy transformable metal, associated with the planet Neptune and the sign Pisces. In astrology Neptune has to do with fading away, dissolving, excarnation, anonymity. This excarnation can work out in a positive way (mysticism,...
Remedies >> Remedies A
- Calcium carbonicum (Oyster Shell)
- This remedy is made of the shell of the oyster. Let's have a look at an oyster: Inside a thick hard calcium-made shell lies a soft and quite formless animal. When the oyster feels at ease it opens its shell and passively lets through the sea water and...
Remedies >> Remedies C
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
Potatoes is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Potatoes books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Pass the Potatoes: 7 Tested and Perfected Spud Recipes
- Baked, fried, puréed or mashed, everyone loves potatoes. From Maple-Mashed Sweet Potatoes to Potatoes Leek Soup, here are seven simple and delicious ways to make them. 1.
- "Potato Drop"
- Rockford and local areas will receive free potatoes thanks to United Methodist Men. Their 30-year program helps make sure families are fed and local food pantries stocked.
- Let's eat: Spring Salad with Egg, Bacon and Fingerling Potatoes
- This easy flavorful salad, which features fried potatoes and bacon on a bed of tender spring greens, is suitable for lunch or dinner or even breakfast. If you're not crazy about sunny-side-up eggs, go ahead and make them over-easy.
- How are Irish Potatoes made?
- PHILADELPHIA (WTXF) - Shamrocks, green shirts, and leprechauns are key parts of Saint Patrick's Day for many people. But, that list would not be complete without Irish potatoes! So how do you make them?