A selection of articles related to poverty.
Original articles from our library related to the Poverty. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Poverty.
- Welcome again to the Rune-of-the-Month Club. Actually, it seems like it's become more like the Rune-of-the-Season Club, since the last time I sat down to write one of these, I was snowed it; and now, daytime highs are well into the 80's! I'll try to write a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Fehu is the first rune of the 24-rune Elder Futhark, and the first rune of the first aett. Fehu is the reconstructed Old Germanic name of this rune, which as its initial sound suggests, has the phonetic value of "F." It is known as Fe in Old Norse,...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- King James Bible: II Corinthians, Chapter 8
- Chapter 8 8:1 Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia; 8:2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality. 8:3 For...
New Testament >> II Corinthians
- King James Bible: Revelation, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou...
New Testament >> Revelation
- Angelic Correspondences: Numerology and Major Arcana
- "An angel can illumine the thought and mind of man by strengthening the power of vision, and by bringing within his reach some truth which the angel himself contemplates." St. Thomas Aquinas "Music is well said to be the speech of angels."...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
Poverty is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Poverty books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 2011 Federal Poverty Level
- 2011 Federal Poverty Level. The benefit levels of many low-income assistance programs are based on these poverty guidelines.
- Poverty Guidelines - USCIS
- These poverty guidelines remain in effect for use with Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, from March 01, 2011 until new guidelines go into effect in 2012.
- 2011 Federal Poverty Guidelines
- income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty · guidelines in states that follow the federal eligibility · criteria.
Suggested News Resources
- New Zealand's "Third World" child health problem sparks political row
- 29 (Xinhua) -- Health experts expressed " serious concern" Monday over the number of New Zealand children admitted to hospital with poverty-related illnesses during the economic downturn.
- No candidate worries about rising poverty
- A recent survey shows 38 states have seen child poverty increase from 2000 to 2009. That represents a 2.5 million increase.
- Sex offenders paid to baby-sit
- Advocates such as Maria Whelan insist that the vast majority of baby sitters are aboveboard and that the 14-year-old federal-state program is key to helping parents work their way out of poverty.
- A goal of poverty?
- Most of the people who think the government should tax the super rich at a higher rate aren't super rich. So, it's an easy argument. The government needs more money, so take it from that guy over there; he has lots of money.
- Post Katrina pain index: race, gender, poverty still plague New Orleans
- It is impossible to understand what happened and what still remains without considering race, gender, and poverty. The following facts offer indicators of pain that remains.
Suggested Web Resources
- Poverty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Poverty is the state of one who lacks a certain amount of material possessions or money.
- Poverty.com - Hunger and World Poverty
- See a brief, simple display about world poverty. Animated maps show how often people die of hunger, AIDS, malaria, and preventable diseases.
- Poverty - U.S. Census Bureau
- Mar 16, 2011 The Census Bureau reports poverty data from several major household surveys and programs.
- However, the population living in poverty has not declined as quickly. World Poverty at $1.25 a day (PPP) Poverty Line.