A selection of articles related to prana yama.
Original articles from our library related to the Prana Yama. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Prana Yama.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Water Wisdon
- If you are lucky enough to live near mineral springs that naturally flow from the EarthMother's body, then you are lucky enough. If you do not live near mineral springs, locate some somewhere and make a pilgrimage there (weekly, monthly, annually, as often...
The Elements >> Water
- Experiences of a Pagan Practicing Pranic Healing
- My exposure to the Old Religion and to the Earth-based Religion also exposed me to tried and true healing techniques involving herbs, oils and some other shamanic rites. Most of these techniques did not ritualize a systematic division of bodies and/or energy...
Body Mysteries >> Pranic Healing
- What is Reiki?
- A Brief Overview The knowledge that an unseen energy flows through all living things and is connected directly to the quality of health has been part of the wisdom of many cultures since ancient times. The existence of this "life force energy" has...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Prana Yama is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Prana Yama books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Pranayama & The Art Of Breathing
- The Sanskrit word pranayama (also known as pranayam) is translated as “the .
- Pranayama, Energy, and Meditation
- Pranayama, Energy, and Meditation. Anyone who has ever tried to meditate knows the challenge of trying to tame the mind.
- The Science of Pranayama
- The practice of Pranayama has been viewed with fear in certain quarters on account of Pranayama occupies a very important place in Indian religion.
Suggested News Resources
- THE BREATH OF YOGA
- By Thomaston Yoga Studio | Aug 27, 2011 The breathing practice of yoga is called Pranayama. Prana is life force energy, one of it's primary meanings is breath. I often tell my students that without pranayama, there is no yoga, only exercise.
- Ayurveda's unlikely ambassador
- He does pranayama twice daily and swears by it like a yogic guru. He also does a rigorous vata massage every day, like a zealous vaid, informing you that it's done with a special oil of sesame seeds and herbs.
- 4 Yoga Asanas and Their Benefits
- Pranayama: Patanjali in his text of Yoga Sutras cited Pranayama as means of accomplishing higher states of awareness; he mentions the holding of breath as important practice of reaching Samadhi. "Prana" is Breath or vital energy in the body.
- The Anna Hazare guide to starvation: Eating frugally, exercising regularly
- “For the past six years or so, he has incorporated yogasana and pranayama,” said Vijay Hazare, his nephew. A decade ago, Anna developed backache and knee-joint pain.
Suggested Web Resources
- Pranayama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pranayama (Sanskrit: प्राणायाम prāṇāyāma) is a Sanskrit word meaning " extension of the prana or breath" or more accurately, "extension of the life force".
- Pranayama - The Art of Yoga Breathing
- Pranayama Yoga is the art of breathing control.
- The Pranayama Institute
- Information on techniques of Hatha and Raja Yoga Pranayama can be downloaded.
- Yoga Journal - Yoga Pranayama - Prescriptions for Pranayama
- Yoga article: YJ profiles the pranayama practices of six yoga traditions and finds differences ranging from the subtle to the profound.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Prana Yama Topics
rat species of rats
wine gum history