- he is working with the island leaders to define a shared spiritual vision for the .
- Whose Life Is It, Anyway? The Evolving Face of Euthanasia
- They followed the method of voluntary cessation of nutrition which has the religious sanctity of a procedure called Prayopavesha.
- A Socio Religious Analysis of Suicides and its Impact on Economic
- prayopavesha, requires too much time and willpower that there is no danger of acting on an impulse.
- Mahabharata tatparnirnaya
- unto death i.e. prayopavesha.
- Live and let die
- There are many other tales of hindus and jains fasting unto death — prayopavesha — even in the 20th century, at least those who had fulfilled domestic responsibilities and had no desires and ambitions left to satisfy.
- A Saint's Self-Willed Death - Magazine Web Edition > September
- Dissed by disbelievers: Unsympathetic "rationalists" termed prayopavesha "an act of It cannot be termed a suicide, as a yogi can enter prayopavesha.
- Hindu Attitudes about Suicide - Hinduism
- Prayopavesha is not regarded as suicide because it is natural and nonviolent, and only for spiritually advanced people under specified circumstances.
- Upasani Baba - Mountainrunnerdoc
- One day he entered a small grotto, determined to fast until death (a Hindu tradition called prayopavesha).
Prayopavesha is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Prayopavesha books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
meaning of dreams about aids
infrared data association irlmp
mckinley tariff act
similarities between hinduism and islam