A selection of articles related to pre lent.
Original articles from our library related to the Pre Lent. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Pre Lent.
- Raising the World Mind (GM10-11)
- Part 1 | Part 2 Part 1 The wise live in accord with natural laws. It is they who understand that the laws of nature are much higher than the laws of man, because breaking them implies penalties far greater than a fine or prison sentence. When a person...
Mind >> World Mind
- Question the Premises of Society and Science
- Question the ultimate validity of the basic premises of society, in particular, scientific theory. Do not accept concepts or statements as truthful simply due to weight of tradition or learned opinion. The synthesis of these statements is a healthy skepticism...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 3
- One of the very best ways to raise personal or group consciousness, is to MANIFEST spiritual Intentions into the environment at large. The projection of love into one’s surroundings for instance, results in love being reflected back to the sender, like...
Mind >> World Mind
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Psychic Protection - Barriers
- Introduction: The countermeasures given in these short articles are extremely basic. They only contain the bare bones of what is necessary to use them. To understand the principles behind these countermeasures, please get a copy of 'Practical Psychic Self-Defe...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychic Protection
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Pre Lent is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pre Lent books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Lenten Study Program - Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
- Pre-Lent introduce us to the values and virtues which we are to pray about and Lent.
- The tradition of Mardi Gras is celebrated annually around the world
- Also known as "fat Tuesday," this pre-Lenten festival is celebrated in Roman Catholic countries and communities.
- Preparation For Lent Sunday Of Zacchaeus (Desire)
- Preparation For Lent. Sunday Of Zacchaeus (Desire). Long before the actual beginning of lent, the church invites us to enter into a period of pre-lent preparation.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) about Lent Why do we
- ago three weeks of “pre-Lent” were added to the forty days with names like Septuagesima and the like. These were dropped from our Calendar in 1979.
- 10th SUNDAY after PENTECOST:
- Mar 6, 2011 the services of Pre-Lent and Great Lent, including Holy Week).
Suggested News Resources
- Notting Hill Carnival Mas parade
- Mas traces its roots to the 'carnevales' held in pre-Lent Italy, which were in turn taken by French plantation owners in the 1780s to the West Indies.
- New Orleans named America's #2 most kinky city
- Of course, Mardi Gras, the infamous pre-Lent bacchanalian carnival has something to do with that, but New Orleans' dirty dealings far exceed the typical Girls Gone Wild fare.
- The truth about Frans Hals
- “Merrymakers” is the most remarkable, a scene in a crowded tavern pushed up against the picture plane: In the foreground, a pre-Lent table set with tankards, mince pies, sausages and cuts of ham (did the Dutch give awards for ham painting?
Suggested Web Resources
- Pre-Lenten Season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Jump to: navigation, search. The Pre-Lenten Season (see also Septuagesima) is the period of preparation before the beginning of the liturgical season of Lent.
- Pre-Lent - Orthodox Church in America
- The paschal season of the Church is preceded by the season of Great Lent, which is itself preceded by its own liturgical preparation.
- The Season & Customs of Pre-Lent
- The Season & Customs of Pre-Lent. The three Sundays before Ash Wednesday are called Septuagesima, Sexagesima and Quinquagesima.
- Top 10 Pre-Lenten Celebrations - Travel - National Geographic
- Top 10 Pre-Lenten Celebrations from National Geographic.
- philorthodox: Septuagesima and Pre-Lent
- Feb 21, 2011 Pre-Lent is a time for taking stock of our spiritual lives, of beginning the process of our spiritual inventory.