Pre Socratic Period
A selection of articles related to pre socratic period.
Original articles from our library related to the Pre Socratic Period. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Pre Socratic Period.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Astrological Emphasis: Aquarius, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Aquarius: January, 21st- February, 19th. This article applies to Aquarians during 2001. General Those born under the sign of Aquarius are characterised by their great passion for mystery and prove to have a fighting spirit in...
Astrology >> Aquarius
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 3
- One of the very best ways to raise personal or group consciousness, is to MANIFEST spiritual Intentions into the environment at large. The projection of love into one’s surroundings for instance, results in love being reflected back to the sender, like...
Mind >> World Mind
- Astrological Emphasis: Pisces, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Pisces: February, 21st - March, 20th. This article applies to Pisceans during 2001. General Pisces is the twelfth sign of the Zodiac, astrologically dominated by Jupiter and Neptune, exalted by the Moon and with Mercury in exile....
Astrology >> Pisces
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Pre Socratic Period is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pre Socratic Period books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Palaima: Higher education in need of more good shepherds
- Four years ago, George Steiner in his book “The Poetry of Thought” traced the human capacity for abstract thinking back to metaphors in the song poems of Homer and pre-Socratic philosophers. What Steiner does not say — but what 25 ...
- The Discreet Length of Eternity
- Heraclitus was a pre-Socratic Greek philosopher who lived his life in Ephesus, in the sixth and fifth century BC. His way of thinking ...
- The Dalton Trumbo I Knew
- The movie Trumbo takes up its hero's story at the height of his pre-blacklist success, preparing to sign an MGM contract that will make him, as Louis B. Mayer suggests in the film, possibly the world's best-paid writer. ...
- Battling the Gods: Atheism in the Ancient World by Tim Whitmarsh, book review
- If we accept that the Israelites in Jerusalem dumped all other gods in favour of the jealous, unique Yahweh sometime after 539BC, then by that period Xenophanes of Colophon had already recorded his scepticism. In other ...
- Evaluating Enlightenment: Progressive Critiques of Modernity in
- What is modernity? First, a period “occasioned by a peculiarly ahistorical view of the world, which is flattened into an eternal present. The world we experience appears to exhaust all possible worlds.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Pre Socratic Period Topics
Related searchessmap albums
dream symbol ground yourself
exorcism on the nature of the jinn
inherently funny word funny numbers