- René Laennec: Google Doodle honours Christian medical pioneer
- I then tightly rolled a sheet of paper, one end of which I placed over the precordium (chest) and my ear to the other.
- The 'thrill' of arrhythmias
- When listening to the heart with a stethoscope, the practitioner should take their time to avoid missing more subtle sounds. The auscultation should be performed in a quiet environment with minimal background noise.
- Athletes - Less Than 6% Of Doctors Follow Sudden Cardiac Death Screening
- A very small percentage of doctors say they follow national sudden cardiac death screening guidelines completely when checking high school athletes. Sudden cardiac death is when the heart suddenly stops beating due to an arrhythmia (irregular heart ...
- Merck Updates Status of Clinical Development Programs for Investigational CGRP
- PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Merck & Co., Inc. today updated the status of the clinical development programs for telcagepant (MK-0974) and MK-3207, the Company's investigational oral calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) receptor antagonists ...
- A Newborn with Cardiac Failure Secondary to a Large Vein of Galen Malformation
- Physical examination was remarkable for acrocyanosis, microcephaly, cranial bruit, bilateral neck swelling, coarse breath sounds, and a hyperdynamic precordium with continuous murmur. Head ultrasound demonstrated a large, midline venous structure.
Precordium is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Precordium books and related discussion.