- Jun 14, 2011 If chemists can elminate "having no parts" from the definition of an atom, ethicists can eliminate "categorical prescriptivity" from moral terms.
- The Origin of Queerness of Moral Value
- Brink do not deny the objectivity nor the prescriptivity of moral facts. Brink's disagreement with Mackie was over the origin of the prescriptivity of objective values.
- Prescriptivism and fairness
- universalizabih'ty requirement) it also leads to action (the prescriptivity requirement). of the universalizability and prescriptivity of moral judgements.
- Essays on John Mackie's Moral Error Theory
- About 'objective prescriptivity', Mackie writes: Plato's Forms give a dramatic picture of what objective values would have to be.
- Prescriptivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Prescriptivity is a term used in meta-ethics to state that when an evaluative judgment or decision is made it must either prescribe or condemn.
- Atheist Ethicist: Moral "Ought" and Prescriptivity
- Jun 14, 2011 But, if you are assigning qualities to "the greatest good for the greatest number" ( e.g.
- prescriptivity - Wiktionary
- Retrieved from "http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/prescriptivity".
Prescriptivity is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Prescriptivity books and related discussion.