- DNA methylation A SMRT analysis of prokaryotic epigenomes
- In prokaryotes, DNA methyltransferases (MTases) are part of the restriction-modification (RM) systems that, along with restriction enzymes, protect the genome against exogenous sources of DNA, such as viral infection. Here Blow et al. use deep ...
- CRISPR-like 'immune' system discovered in giant virus
- Like prokaryotes, mimiviruses are plagued by viruses known as virophages, Raoult, La Scola and their colleagues reported in 2008. Six years later, in 2014, they found a virophage — named Zamilon — that infects some kinds of mimivirus but not others.
- Global diversity and biogeography of deep-sea pelagic prokaryotes
- Here we report the first globally comprehensive survey of the prokaryotic communities inhabiting the bathypelagic ocean using high-throughput sequencing of the 16S rRNA gene. This work identifies the dominant prokaryotes in the pelagic deep ocean and ...
- The microbiome of coral surface mucus has a key role in mediating holobiont
- Here we examined the natural variability of prokaryotic communities (based on 16S ribosomal RNA gene amplicon sequencing) associating with the surface mucus layer (SML) of Porites astreoides, a species exhibiting cyclical mucus aging and shedding.
- (A) Missing link between prokaryotes and complex cells identified
- Prokaryotes, on the other hand—one celled organisms like bacteria—are simple, with a notable lack of internal membrane enclosed structures (i.e., nuclei) in their one and only cell.
Prokaryotes is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Prokaryotes books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesepsom derby 1780-1799
paranoia agent conclusion
botfly deer botfly
outlaws game historical missions