A selection of articles related to prototype linguistics.
Original articles from our library related to the Prototype Linguistics. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Prototype Linguistics.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Prototype Linguistics is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Prototype Linguistics books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Chapter 4 Prototype theory Prospects and problems of prototype
- hand, prototype theory has had a steadily growing success in linguistics since ... volumes in which prototype theory and its cognitive extensions play a major.
- Semantic features and Prototype Theory in English lexicology
- Linguistics across Historical and Geographical Boundaries. In Honour of Jacek Fisiak on the Occasion of His Fiftieth Birthday. Volume 1.
- Semantics of the Transitive Construction: Prototype Effects and
- Keywords: Prototype; Categorization; Grammar; Semantics. In cognitive linguistics and construction grammar, categories are formed by domain general and ...
- Prototypes, Meanings and Motion: Cognitive Evolution of - Dialnet
- KEYWORDS: Diachronic semantics, cognitive linguistics, theory of prototypes ... Geeraerts takes the effects of prototypicality postulated by prototype semantics.
- concepts as prototypes - staff.city.ac.uk - City University
- The Prototype Theory of conceptual representation in large part owes its ... source of different views on the value of prototypes in linguistic theory can be found.
Suggested News Resources
- These Are The Phrases Each GOP Candidate Repeats Most
- When Marco Rubio, likely over-prepped and under-slept, dispelled the same fiction three times in one debate, he looked less like a man with a plan and more like an early prototype robo-prez not ready for prime time.
- Meet Nadine, the humanoid robot set to become your PA and even care for
- The project is still in the early development stage and no prototype is available yet. The child robot would be able to ...
- Bedford boys are rewriting the book on learning language with OneThirdStories
- Thanks to their respective areas of expertise – Alex's language skills and Jonny's study of linguistics, and both of their backgrounds working in schools – they set about creating a prototype for a unique novel to help children learn languages.
- hack-proof RFID chips
- Texas Instruments has built several prototypes of the new chip, to the researchers' specifications, and in experiments the chips have behaved as expected.
- Gravitational Waves vs. Gravity Waves: Know the Difference!
- So it looks like we'll be talking a lot about gravitational waves over the coming days, but why can't they be called “gravity waves”?
Suggested Web Resources
- Prototype theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Prototype theory has also been applied in linguistics, as part of the mapping from phonological structure to semantics. As formulated in the 1970s by Eleanor ...
- What is a prototype in English linguistics? - Quora
- Jun 11, 2014 Prototype in linguistics relates to the problem of categorization. Categorization as a problem in linguistics relates to the mapping (our cognitive ...
- What is a prototype? - SIL Home - SIL International
- Jan 5, 2004 The prototype of any category is the member or set of members of a ... In modular book: Glossary of linguistic terms, by Eugene E. Loos ...
- Prototype Theory - Dictionary & Encyclopedia
- Prototype theory, in linguistics, provides an explanation for the way word meanings are organized in the mind. It is argued that words are categorized on the ...
- PROTOTYPE THEORY, COGNITIVE LINGUISTICS AND
- PROTOTYPE THEORY, COGNITIVE LINGUISTICS AND PEDAGOGICAL GRAMMAR. This paper begins from a general theory of natural. categories, developed ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.