A selection of articles related to proverb.
Original articles from our library related to the Proverb. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Proverb.
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 16
- Chapter 16 16:1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. 16:3 And these things will they do unto...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: II Peter, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2:2 And many...
New Testament >> II Peter
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 28
- Chapter 28 28:1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- Self-love and apple blossom essence
- And pluck till time and times are done the silver apples of the moon the golden apples of the sun. - William B. Yeats I zapped myself into Oprahâ€™s show and was touched by crying people, who consider themselves ugly and despicable. Young, beautiful people...
Homeopathy >> Bach Flower Remedies
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 4:2 Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered. 4:3 And...
New Testament >> Luke
Proverb is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Proverb books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Proverbs booklet
- Proverbs 25:5
- The context adds further weight to this proverb (25:4). A good ruler is silver, and wicked advisors are the dross.
Suggested News Resources
- Japanese Proverb: No Money, No Action. No Action, No Satisfaction
- By Bertel Schmitt on August 28, 2011 The chief reason for the recent decline of the fortunes of Japanese automakers was not, as posited by pop pundits, the recalls or the tsunami.
- Jesus showed us a God of love, not angry bully
- There's a proverb that says if you love something, let it go. If it returns, it's yours. If not, well, it never belonged to you in the first place.
- Scar from 9/11 always will remain
- There's an English proverb that says, "Time heals all wounds." Hundreds of years after that proverb first appeared, and 10 years after Sept. 11, some clarification is needed.
- Justin Bieber experimenting with old proverb?
- This looks like this could be an experiment with the old proverb, "Absence makes the heart go fonder?" At the start of Selena's tour, it looked as if Justin may go along for the ride, as he was seen at two concerts within a weeks time.
- Phrases, proverbs and more
- The Gentiles are criticised for being a law unto themselves (Romans 2:14) *A soft answer turns away wrath is a popular proverb taken from the (Proverbs 15:1).
Suggested Web Resources
- English Proverbs | The Phrasefinder
- A list of 600 English Proverbs, with their meanings and origins.
- Chinese Proverb Quotes - The Quotations Page
- Chinese Proverb; A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. [info] · [add] · [mail ]. Chinese Proverb; A book tightly shut is but a block of paper.
- English Proverbs and Proverb Humor
- English Proverbs and Proverb Humor (revised 6 June 2003) See also Weather Proverbs (external) Cf. Brian S. Kendig's "Proverbs to Live By" (external).