A selection of articles related to psalms.
Original articles from our library related to the Psalms. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Psalms.
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 20
- Chapter 20 20:1 And it came to pass, that on one of those days, as he taught the people in the temple, and preached the gospel, the chief priests and the scribes came upon him with the elders, 20:2 And spake unto him, saying, Tell us, by what authority doest...
New Testament >> Luke
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 24
- Chapter 24 24:1 Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them. 24:2 And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre. 24:3 And they...
New Testament >> Luke
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: 1:3 To...
New Testament >> The Acts
- King James Bible: Ephesians, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or...
New Testament >> Ephesians
- King James Bible: Colossians, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God....
New Testament >> Colossians
- King James Bible: James, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. 5:2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten. 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and...
New Testament >> The Epistle of James
Psalms is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Psalms books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Psalms: The Coverdale Translation
- Psalms the coverdale translation. 0-. 9yt= o65] p[ edited by.
- Psalms - Sonic Light
- Feb 3, 2002 Hebrew word mizmor that occurs in the titles of 57 of the psalms. ... The texts of the individual psalms do not usually indicate who wrote them.
- St, Augustine Expositions on the Psalms - Gordon College Faculty
- 2. St. Aurelius Augustin on the Psalms.
- A New English Translation of the Septuagint. 24 Psalms
- EDITION OF THE GREEK TEXT. The NETS translation of the book of Psalms has been based primarily on the edition of Alfred Rahlfs,. Psalmi cum Odis ...
- The Psalms Of David - Geneva Bible
- Page 1. Psalm 78.................................................................................................................. ..............
Suggested News Resources
- Saying Psalms in a Mosque: A Jewish, Muslim, Christian Collaboration
- Standing in the mosque and reciting Tehillim, Psalms, I looked out at a large crowd assembled in the sanctuary. The diverse group included dignitaries from elected officials, Consul Generals, Honorary Consuls, FBI and LAPD representatives, as well as ...
- If King David set the Psalms to Bluegrass, they might sound like this
- We don't know what the psalms sounded like when King David played them on his lyre. But what if he had tried setting a psalm to Bluegrass? Adam Wright, musician and worship leader at Cahaba Park Church in Mountain Brook, has tried it.
- Column: Psalms offer glimpses to intimacy with God
- Of course, the Old Testament book of Psalms is also a songbook, one of the oldest in history. There is much historically of interest about the book. Yes, it has 150 Hebrew poems written over a span of a thousand years.
- Psalms reveal Valentine's Day truths
- Carey is ahead of me in the New Testament, but we are both in Psalms in the Old Testament. On Valentine's Day morning she read Psalm 16 to me, saying it is perfect for Valentine's Day. She read the whole Psalm, including verse 11: “You will show me the ...
- That hammering sound? It's the Psalms, bending hearts to God's mercy
- Psalm 136, called the Great Hallel — the Great Praise — by our Jewish brothers and sisters, is traditionally sung on all the great Jewish feasts. Scripture scholars believe Jesus sang this hymn of mercy as he made his way to the garden of Gesthemane.
Suggested Web Resources
- Psalm 1 - BOOK I Psalms 1–41 - Blessed is the - Bible Gateway
- BOOK I Psalms 1–41 - Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of.
- Psalms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Book of Psalms (Hebrew: תְּהִלִּים or תהילים, Tehillim, "praises"), commonly referred to simply as Psalms or "the Psalms", is the first book of the Ketuvim ...
- Book of Psalms - Read the Bible Online - Bible study
- Read the Book of Psalms online. Use highlighting, underlining, and take notes while you study the Bible.
- Psalms - Chapter 1 - Bible - Catholic Online
- Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:8-9, 13-14, 17-18: 8 Yahweh is tenderness and pity, slow ... Gospel, John 5:17-30: 17 His answer to them was, 'My Father still ...
- Psalm 27, New International Version (NIV) | Chapter 27 | The Bible
- Psalm 27, New International Version (NIV) Of David. The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom ...
Related searcheseugne delacroix chios and missolonghi
commodus why commodus
nuclear weapon design miniaturization