- Use of electrical stimulation for discharging cnidom components of a
- b-rhabdoids (3 types), spirocysts, and ptychocysts.
- Author's personal copy Structural diversity, systematics, and
- Mar 4, 2009 ptychocysts are restricted to a minority of major taxa. A cnida discharges by eversion of its .
- BIOLOGICAL AND PHARMACOLOGICAL ACTIVITIES OF JELLY
- Feb 13, 2011 ptychocyst, based on structural and functional features.
- SCIENCE IN PICS: Tube Anemones
- These invertebrates live on soft sediment substrates in a fibrous tube composed of secreted mucus and threads of specialized stinging cells called ptychocysts. The anemone withdraws into the tube when not feeding or when disturbed.
- THE PTYCHOCYST, A MAJOR NEW CATEGORY OF CNIDA USED
- THE PTYCHOCYST, A MAJOR NEW CATEGORY OF CNIDA USED IN TUBE CONSTRUCTION BY A CERIANTHID ANEMONE.
Ptychocyst is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ptychocyst books and related discussion.