A selection of articles related to puja.
Original articles from our library related to the Puja. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Puja.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
Puja is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Puja books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Shakyamuni Buddha Puja
- Shakyamuni Buddha Puja by Ngawang Palden of Urga. Translated into English by Martin Willson.
- THE SEVENFOLD PUJA
- THE SEVENFOLD PUJA. WORSHIP. With mandarava, blue lotus and jasmine,.
- Worship of Sun god (Chhath Puja)
- 1. THE SUN WORSHIP FESTIVAL. (CHHATH).
- THE RITUAL FIRE OFFERING
- the following information will give the general reader some idea what a fire puja is about.
Suggested News Resources
- Saree-jewellery exhibition for Durga Puja
- Kolkata, Aug 27 (IBNS): With the festive season round the corner, as Kolkatans have already started shopping for Durga Puja, Kamala, a retail outlet of Crafts Council of India, is exhibiting its new collection of sarees and jewelleries.
- BMC given permission to use of Shivaji Park for Ganapati puja parking
- By Urvi Mahajani | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has been given permission by the Bombay high court to use Shivaji Park at Dadar for parking heavy vehicles during Ganapati immersion.
- Not in vogue
- For centuries now, Durga has been adorned in 'Sholar Daker Shaj' or the soft wood ornaments in the community puja — better known as Palli Puja — of rural Bengal.
- Puja sight on Durga height
- FD Block Sarbojanin Puja Committee is set to present what might well be Calcutta's tallest Durga idol this year.
- As festival season begins, women priests get busier
- "We may not always be able to perform puja for obvious reasons but I think there is no harm in studying the scriptures and learning the rituals from an early age.
Suggested Web Resources
- Puja (Hinduism) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Temple pujas are more elaborate and typically done several times a day. They are also performed by a temple priest, or pujari.
- Puja - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Jump to: navigation, search.
- Puja | What is puja?
- How is Puja performed? How are sculptures of deities used in Hindu worship? Why are offerings given to images of the deities?
- World Puja Network
- through Puja is a great blessing to the world." —Vickey Moyle, Heartflame Publishing "Maureen, you and Joseph Giove (Common Passion) are amazing people.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesuniversity of bradford students union
dream symbol relaxation
meaning of yoga
maya calendar venus cycle