A selection of articles related to pumpkin cultivation.
Original articles from our library related to the Pumpkin Cultivation. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Pumpkin Cultivation.
- In Praise of Pumpkins
- I have always had a fascination with pumpkins. As a child I enjoyed Christmas and Thanksgiving and all the other holidays we surround our year with, but Halloween was special. Halloween spoke of ghosts, ghouls, witches and all the primal fears that children...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 2
- WORKING TO LIVE RATHER THAN LIVING TO WORK Before the dawn of recorded history, a major period of transition occurred. Nomadic hunter-gatherer clans transformed themselves into larger communities who farmed the land. This they did by planting their own...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Angelica: The Herb of Angels
- Angelica, from seed your beauty weaves, Strong stems and healing leaves. I ask your blessings to bestow, As I nurse and watch you grow. From morning's dew through afternoon, To ray of stars and midnight's moon. Michael comes upon this day, To watch you grow...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
- Chamomile: The Healer
- Chamomile is one of the oldest favorites amongst garden herbs and its reputation as a medicinal plant shows little signs of abatement. The Egyptians reverenced it for its virtues, and from their belief in its power to cure ague, dedicated it to their gods. No...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
- Hypnosis, volition, and mind control.
- 5.1. Is the hypnotist in control of me? The exact nature of what we experience as 'will' or volition is anage-old philosophical problem that has yet to be resolved by brain scientistsor psychologists. Some aspects of hypnotic responding point out weaknesses...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
Pumpkin Cultivation is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pumpkin Cultivation books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Pumpkin - Ministry of Agriculture of Guyana
- Pumpkins are cultivated for their ripe fruit with the seeds in the central cavity and the yellow or orange flesh being eaten.
- Pumpkin Production
- Some of these pumpkin and squash varieties probably have been cultivated as long as maize. (corn), since around 3500 B.C..
- Guide to Commercial Pumpkin and Winter Squash Production
- nally changed to pumpkin by American colonists. Nutritionally, pumpkin and winter squash are good sources of fiber and vitamin A.
- Squash and Pumpkin Production
- Winter squash and pumpkin should yield 12 tons per acre or more with good management and growing conditions. Yields of 15 to 20 tons are possible.
- Guide to Growing Pumpkins
- Guide to Growing Pumpkins. Growing pumpkins is a great activity for the whole family.
Suggested News Resources
- What Lurks in Our Halloween Stuff?
- Mother Jones has a good run down of all that lurks in our Halloween trappings, including slave-labor candy, union-busting costumes, and lead-laden fake bling: Pumpkin cultivation does have some harmful impact on environment.
Suggested Web Resources
- Growing Pumpkins - Pumpkins and More - University of Illinois
- Growing Pumpkins. Pumpkin is a warm-season vegetable that can be grown throughout much of the United States.
- Pumpkin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The specific conditions necessary for growing pumpkins require that soil temperatures three inches (7.
- Growing Pumpkins and Winter Squash
- Practice shallow cultivation. Pumpkins have many important feeder roots near the surface and roots grow to about the same spread as vines.
- Pumpkin Growing Guidelines- Giant pumpkins
- Finally a single source for the backyard Pumpkin Grower. Big Giant Pumpkin - FAQ pumpkins.
- Growing and planting pumpkins | Organic Gardening Articles Directory
- Jun 15, 2009 Very informative article about growing and planting pumpkins. Learn how to grow pumpkins and how to plant them easily!
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Pumpkin Cultivation Topics
Related searchesneo-babylonian astronomy
the golden ass
paranoia online game
breton language sounds
orion nebula history