A selection of articles related to punishment horse.
Original articles from our library related to the Punishment Horse. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Punishment Horse.
- The third rune of the third aett bears the reconstructed Common Germanic name Ehwaz. Later, its name became Aihws in Gothic (note how archaic Gothic is), and still later, Eh in Anglo-Saxon. If you remember that “k” in Indo-European changed to “h” in Germanic,...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Horse Chestnut: Correspondences
- Aesculus spp. Folk Names: Buckeye Gender: Masculine Planet: Jupiter Element: Fire Deity: Power: Healing, Money...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary H
- The Goddess Epona
- Lately, it seems that Epona is coming back into Her own with the growing popularity of the internet. Most people identify with Her through Her connection with horses - She is the protector of them, after all - but most people don't seem to be aware of all Her...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Shapeshifting in Celtic Myth
- The theme of shapeshifting is found in Celtic myth regardless of the specific country one invesigates. Thoughout my studies of Celtic lore I have found that there were very specific reasons or circumstances for shapeshifting. These reasons fall into at least...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Punishment Horse is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Punishment Horse books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Arabbers acquitted on remaining counts in animal cruelty trial
- Health officials seized 14 horses, saying the conditions were unsanitary. On Thursday, Judge Nicole Pastore-Klein acquitted five of the men on all counts, and convicting one on a single count of failing to post proper identification.
- Everything old is new again at the Lost Trades Fair
- A wedding, an important birthday, a rarefied tour of the city -- when else would you find yourself in a horse drawn carriage? If you're Mat Jones, you might find ... Hooves need to be shod to withstand the punishment of bitumen.
- THROWBACK THURSDAY: The times change, but scofflaws remain the same
- There were no juvenile authorities at that time, and there's no record of the punishment meted out to the miscreants. It's frequently said today that something should be done about liquor violators. There have been ...
- Indian govts give written assurances and seek apologies whenever they want
- The murder is widely believed to be a punishment for the own goal, though it may well have been linked to heavy gambling losses accrued by drug lords who bet on the team.