A selection of articles related to purification rites.
Original articles from our library related to the Purification Rites. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Purification Rites.
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Have a Cuppa? [About Herbal Teas]
- Through the ages, long before modern doctors prescribed a wonder drug to help us with almost every ailment, it was the witches, shamans and priests before them, that brewed up the various drinks, ointments and poultices that have kept the human race...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King Pentheus and his fateful encounter with the god Dionysus
- The story of king Pentheus and his fateful encounter with the god Dionysus is both horrifying and carries a certain warning. There arrived one day in Thebes a dancing god of great beauty and magnetism. So strong was his pull that all the women in that town...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
Purification Rites is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Purification Rites books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- ANNUAL PURIFICATION RITES AT A TOKYO SHRINE
- OF TALISMANS AND SHADOW BODIES. -ANNUAL PURIFICATION RITES AT A TOKYO SHRINE-. I.
- The Purification of Mary and the Immaculate Conception
- out that Mary, the mother of Christ, underwent purification rites after giving birth. The underwent the purification rites of childbirth, it proved she was a sinner.
- The Rules Concerning Purification
- in the ritual instructions for women who have blessed with children. Purification Ritual for Mothers of Boys. Purification Ritual for Mothers of Girls.
- The core expansion through a purification ceremony of Shintoism, or
- a rite to purify and activate mind, body and spirit and to be united with God.
Suggested News Resources
- College-Age Mammals
- He'd been way out in retreat in some cabin in India, doing some pretty intense Buddhist purification rites which amounted to saying mantras and doing prostrations all hours of the night and day.
- History writing should be free from the shackles
- He said that such control on writing about the past was insulting. â€œHistory is not a religious devotee entering temples of time after purification rites.
- Namboothiri grooms turn to orphanages for brides
- boys getting brides from orphanages. â€œBeing the wife of a priest is no easy job as the bride has to follow rigid rituals, strict rules about purity and impurity, dos and donâ€™ts about purification rites and total isolation for certain days.
- Let Shillong Accord Lie In Peace In The Grace Of God
- The Jerusalem Elders thought the Public would become quiet if Paul shaves his head and observes 7 days of ancient Jewish purification rites.
- rivers and springs in ancient Athens
- Painted loutrophoroi recovered from the shrine, depicting these premarital purification rites, are displayed in the Acropolis Museum.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ritual purification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ritual purification is a feature of many religions.
- BBC - Religions - Shinto: Harae - purification rites
- Sep 16, 2009 This article looks at Shinto purity rituals and spiritual practices that cleanse both body and mind.
Purification Rites Topics
right knowledge and right conduct
battle of hattin siege of tiberias
partridge species list
base station subsystem bss interfaces
v letter v