- Dalit-Bahujan Perspective On The Mahishasura Debate
- For example, the very origin of caste was explained through a myth in the Purusha-sukta of the Rig-Veda. The tendency to base the origin of caste on a supernatural agency, fictitious claims of descent from mythic figures and similar mythifications were ...
- The reactionary present
- In the Purusha Sukta of the Rig Veda (10:90:1-16), social hierarchy originates together with and at the same moment as the very creation of the world, through the sacrifice of the body of the Primeval Man, Purusha. From the sacrifice of his head come ...
- After 400 years, Garhwal temple allows entry to Dalits, women
- DEHRADUN: For nearly 400 years, Dalits and women, all in the name of "tradition", had been barred from entering the famous Parsuram temple in Garhwal's Jaunsar Bawar region. All that is set to change now with the management of the Parsuram temple ...
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar to visit Shani Shingnapur for
- MUMBAI: Well-known spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar will visit the Shani Shingnapur shrine in Maharashtra in a bid to resolve the row over the customary ban on entry for women inside the sanctum sanctorum.
Purusha Sukta is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Purusha Sukta books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Purusha Sukta Topics
Related searchesgreek religious beliefs
impeller impellers in agitated tanks
dark spirituality occult beliefs
long beach california trivia
scepter of goth