- Tamil Nadu to probe Madurai `human sacrifice'
- CHENNAI: The Tamil Nadu government has assured the Madras high court that a proper probe would be launched into allegations o human sacrifice after a court appointed panel investigat ing the multi-crore granite mining scam unearthed bones and ...
- A guide to the Vedas
- The Vedas are the fountainhead of our religious, cultural and literary heritage. Roshen Dalal sifts through centuries of information and research to provide an authoritative and comprehensive account of the Vedas that appeal both to scholars and readers.
- A Deeper Look At Vedic History Suggests A Tribal Melting Pot That May Surprise
- And the Rig Veda speaks of another ritual- the Purushamedha. Instinct might direct us to translate this as human sacrifice, but since the first paragraph of this article, we are aware that Purusha was a name for the people of the Puru tribe.
- Indian Censorship and the Curious Case of Wendy Doniger
- The human sacrifice, the Purushamedha, followed a similar format, but included a man with the animals to be sacrificed. The price of the man was set at one thousand cows and a hundred horses. Like the horse, the man chosen for sacrifice was allowed to ...
- The Mahabharata's tragic hero
- But the story, as Bhima tells it, was that Baka collected men on behalf of the king who wanted to conduct the Purushamedha, or the human sacrifice festival.
Purushamedha is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Purushamedha books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchesjoseph stalin industrialization
william d perez
king sigismund of hungary
sir walter raleigh
dreaming of funeral
dream dictionary ice-skating