A selection of articles related to pythagoras.
Original articles from our library related to the Pythagoras. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Pythagoras.
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Synaesthesia: The Crossing of the Senses
- "We interpret one sense by another." William Hazlitt "Although medicine has known about synaesthesia for three centuries, it keeps forgetting that it knows. Richard Cytowic, in "Synaesthesia: Phenomenology and Neuropsychology a Review of...
Modern Science >> Synesthesia
- Basic Concepts of Numerology
- The concept of numerology demonstrates that everything in the universe vibrates as its own frequency. You find the vibration rate of any object and you can link the qualities and positive energies linked to it.
Symbology >> Numerology
- Story of the Soul Tarot Layout
- "I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul." Psalm 142, Verse 4 KJV "Three things distinguish living from the soul versus living from the ego only. They are: the...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
Pythagoras is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Pythagoras books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Pythagoras Theorem and Its Applications
- Chapter 1. Pythagoras Theorem and Its Applications. 1.
- Unit 6 – Pythagoras Sides of Squares
- Unit 6 – Pythagoras. Sides of Squares. Overview: Participants discover the Pythagorean Theorem inductively by finding the areas of squares.
- PYTHAGORAS. The details of the life of Pythagoras (c.
Suggested News Resources
- Young Northampton maths prodigy, 11, get A* in GCSE exam
- Giles Shaw, a pupil at Cedar Road Primary School, conquered pythagoras theorem when he was seven years old and studied with Year 5 pupils when he was in Year 3.
- An energy-producing window
- So when Pythagoras Solar beat out nearly 5000 entrants to win this year's $100000 GE Ecomagination Challenge - which recognizes the most promising green energy building innovations - architects took notice.
- Movie review: 'Le Quattro Volte' offers a long-distance look at life
- (The title, translated from Italian, means "the four times" and was inspired by Pythagoras' belief that human souls went through animal, vegetable and mineral states.
- The Realities of Building Integrated PV - BIPV
- AltPower has done some of the more interesting BIPV designs in the US Firms like Pythagoras Solar and Stellaris are incorporating a low-concentration PV piece to building windows or skylights.
- Actress loves maths
- By Steven Patrick Ask actress Ramona Zamzam what Pythagoras' first name is or how to 'integrate Cos x' and she'll probably tell you. "I got teased a lot in school for my love for maths. They called me an alien," she said.
Suggested Web Resources
- Pythagoras - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pythagoras of Samos was an Ionian Greek philosopher, mathematician, and founder of the religious movement called Pythagoreanism.
- Pythagoras (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
- Feb 23, 2005 Pythagoras, one of the most famous and controversial ancient Greek philosophers, lived from ca. 570 to ca. 490 BCE.
- Pythagoras biography
- Pythagoras of Samos is often described as the first pure mathematician.
- The Philosophy of Pythagoras
- Pythagoras' influence found an expression in visual art and music as well, particularly in the renaissance and baroque epoch.
- Pythagoras and the Pythagorean Theorem for Kids!
- Aug 18, 2011 Pythagoras lived in the 500s BC, and was one of the first Greek mathematical thinkers.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.